𝟏𝟖

⌠ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ⌡───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Katherine Pierce had never felt so much fear in her 500 years of living. After five centuries running, running, running... she somehow ended back in the clutches of the same man that she had fled from. This time, however—this time it was worst. It was humiliating, because not only was she going around making deals with the likes of Isobel Flemming, but she was so certain that she might've gotten away with it; that she might've escaped the clutches of the vengeful Klaus Mikaelson. Yet, here she was, sat on a chair, helpless, whilst the Original hybrid resided in Alaric Saltzman's body, attempting to pick an outfit to play schoolteacher.

"Oh, who is this guy? Safari Sam?" Klaus inquired, a distasteful look on his face. He wasn't a fan of the numerous animal prints, nor the button-ups at all—he was more of a Henley guy. He turned to face Katherine. "Okay, bad, or badder?"

"The dark colours suit you better," Katherine swallowed the fear that threatened to leak through her tone. Faux confidence dripped off her every pore. Fake it till you make it, Kitty Kat.

"Oh, thank you, honey. Okay, pop quiz—the dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?" Klaus asked.

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house," Katherine responded.

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill," Klaus muttered.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend, Jenna," Katherine continued.

"Right. Elena and... Rory's aunt. For the lies about Isobel," Klaus wore a thoughtful glance as he strode towards Katherine. He placed his hands on either side of her chair. "And what of little Rory Gilbert?"

Katherine can't help but bite back. "I would've thought you knew her perfectly fine," she stated. Klaus raised an eyebrow in interest at her words, tilting his head for her to go on. "I saw her name on your phone."

Klaus' lips upturned into a smirk. "Ah, nosy little one, aren't you?" Klaus mused as he pushed himself into a standing position. "Yes, I suppose you're right. I do know Rory... but just about enough. I need more," Klaus turned to face Katherine. "Tell me more."

"She's not a fan of you. Alaric, I mean. They haven't clicked since the first time they met—I don't think Rory respects him as a person," Katherine said as Klaus picked his phone out of his pocket.

"What else?" Klaus asked.

"That's it," Katherine mumbled.

Klaus' thumbs flew over the keyboard on his phone before he tossed it onto the couch. He leaned forward yet again, tracing the tips of his fingers over Katherine's cheek. He let out a hum of thought. How peculiar it was that the Petrova doppelgangers looked exactly alike; a carbon copy of each other, yet they were so different. He hadn't met Elena yet, but he knew that Rory and Katherine couldn't be more dissimilar. Katherine couldn't pass for the older Gilbert twin in a million years, lacking the easy-going and self-assured aura that Rory had. There was a difference in the eyes, too.