∞ IX ∞

The library was on fire.

"TAEHYUNG!" Jungkook screamed at the top of his lungs. Citizens of the center and the surrounding dynasties who were celebrating the new King finally got with the program, following Jungkook and seeing the scene in front of them unfold before their eyes.

Jungkook demanded people to fetch some buckets of water but the fire was too strong. He didn't have time to wait any longer, he put a handkerchief over his mouth and nose and ran in.

"Your majesty!" Jimin yelled out and searched the surrounding area for his brother and Namjoon, or Jay and Tae, anybody involved.

Jungkook left everyone outside to ponder, going through the flames and ignoring the burning sensation on some of his skin. He squinted and saw a limp body on the ground, which would be no one other than Jay.

"Jay!" He came down to his knees beside her and saw that she was nearly unconscious. She coughed harshly and pointed at the back of the library.

The King quickly picked her up and went back outside, laying her down on the cold grass. "Take her to the nearest medical facility now!" He ordered and some did help with taking her there.

Jungkook took a deep breath before moving back in quickly. Searching around the back before hearing the sound of Yu-Jun crying.

And the trail of blood going from the floor and out the door into the place Jungkook and Taehyung would stay.

He was starting to lose oxygen and his vision was getting blurry while his lungs were burning like hell, but he couldn't stop.

He pushed himself out of the back of the library and into the place behind it. Forcing the door open, his hands shook at the sight.

Taehyung was lying against the wall on the floor, blood pooling around him as he fought to stay alive, holding Yu-Jun in a bloody blanket, and a sword wedged in his stomach.

"T-Tae-" Jungkook choked out, not even being able to get the words out. Jungkook closed the door to prevent smoke from coming in and kneeled beside his family.

"Who– Who did this to you–?" Jungkook started, seeing Taehyung's eyes barely open and his breathing barely balanced.

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU TAEHYUNG!" Jungkook screamed out and laid his head on his forehead, letting out a sob, he pulled Taehyung closer to him, laying his head on his chest as the hatred filled his heart.

Taehyung weakly squeezed Jungkook's arm and cried with him. "It hurts.." He said, letting out his last bit of life to cry. "They tried to take my baby, I couldn't....let that happen." He spoke weakly and Jungkook listened to every word.

Jungkook checked on Yu-Jun, who seemed completely fine now that he was here. Jungkook wiped his face. "I have to get you to the med–"

"No, I've already lost a lot of blood." Taehyung choked out, looking down at Yu-Jun and he just looked at his little boy in sadness.

It was like a stabbing feeling more so in his heart than his gut when he looked at his baby, who he knew he'd have to leave soon.

"But–"

"Jungkook, stop, it's over." Taehyung stopped him, choking on sobs, he knew he wasn't making it out of here alive, he could barely speak right now. His whole body was losing feeling.

Jungkook sat there in disbelief. Taehyung looked at Yu-Jun and slowly kissed his forehead. "I love you, my little diva. I'm always going to be with you no matter what, I promise." He told him through endless pain before passing him on to Jungkook, wincing.

Jungkook gulped, taking Yu-Jun in his arms with teary eyes. Of course, he didn't understand the trajectory of this situation. Of course, he didn't know this will be the final time that he saw his father alive.

Jungkook couldn't even comprehend that this would be his last memory with his lover.

Taehyung placed a hand on his cheek. Jungkook looked up and met his eyes, leaning into his touch and holding his hand.

"Baby.." He sobbed again and shook his head. Taehyung held in his pain to say his final words to him.

"I love you so much. You're king now, and I'm so proud of the man that you have become. Thank you for making me the happiest I've ever been. Please take care of our family. I pray to be with you again in another life, or the world will burn." Taehyung kissed him deeply and Jungkook fought through the pain, kissing him back like it was the last time he'd ever be able to kiss him.

Because it was.

On that day, Taehyung held his hand tight for a couple more seconds, until he couldn't hold on anymore.

And everything went black.

“ Third to the Kim Dynasty, Prince Kim Taehyung, has died tragically at age 25, leaving behind a father, a sister, a best friend, a lover...and a son. ”