*Chapter 18*

I gripped Hade's hand as he helped me into his chariot. His four demon horses were tethered to the chariot ready to pull us off into the sunset—

Haha just kidding.

We were going to Posideons castle somewhere in the sea. The only reason I was able to go was because I was attached to Hades by some rope he called the Soul Rope. Which in my opinion was really some type of umbilical cord that was attached by the wrist like some bracelet. The only difference as the fact that the Soul rope was white and glowing.

I know what you're wondering if I can leave now why can't I leave the Underworld later?

Well, 1) I had to be attached to Hades at all times our else I get booted to the Underworld and 2) With what I just said I doubt Hades would want to stay with me in Olympus for years on end.

Although I wouldn't mind having a friend, Hades wouldn't be pleased about being above.

His home is down below just like mine is up above.

"You might want to sit, the ride can be a little rough," Hades suggested as he took the reins to the horses.

I nodded before sitting next to Cerebus who was panting excitedly. He had goggles on each of his heads to protect him from the wind. It was the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

"Cerby doesn't need a seat belt?" I questioned as I looked at the hound. His little nub was wagging with such speed it was a blur.

"No. Cerebus is an expert at chariot riding, if you need something to hold onto just grab him." Hades as he snapped the reins. At first nothing happened and my nerves relaxed.

Which was a big mistake. At a speed faster than my brain could process the chariot shot off like a bullet. Everything around us became a blur as we sped through the Underworld.

I felt my flower crown fly off and my hair come loose.

I'd like to think I looked cool as the chariot sped through the underworld, but in reality I probably looked like a clown.

Atleast Hades isn't paying attention to me.

I let out a scream as we somehow began to pick up more speed.

Atleast Cerby was having the time of his life with his little goggles.

I looked to my side to find Cerebus missing.

Gone, poof, no longer in the spot he once was.

Oh gods! DID HE FLY OFF?!

I am glad I didn't grab him to hold on to or else I would have been missing too!

"HADES!" I screamed. My voice was barely a whisper due to the roar of the wind. "HADES!"

Completely oblivious to the fact that his dog was missing, Hades snapped the reins once more shouting something in Greek that I am pretty sure meant faster.

Turns out I was right.

Per his request the horses sped up their movement, this time taking us up. I felt my stomach lurch and all of a sudden I was praying the muffin I had this morning didn't come up.

"HADES!" I screamed once more. I was about to scream again until I realized it was pointless. I scooted closer to Hades and grabbed his arm, shaking it. "YOUR DOG IS MISSING!"

"WHAT!" He yelled back, "DAMNIT CEREBUS!"

The chariot came to a screeching hault causing me to propel forward. An arm around my waist caught me before I could topple over the edge and to a painful injury.

The horses of death neighed in protest, kicking their hoofs with anger.

"I got you." Hades muttered as he pulled me back into the bench. My cheeks grew with heat—although I don't know if that was from the close contact with Hades or the new hot air surrounding us.

My racing heart left me unable to speak. I held a finger up singling I needed a minute to compose myself like the proper lady I was.

I bet Minthe didn't have these issues...

I swallowed down my racing heart before speaking, "He was here and then he wasn't. It's like he evaporated."

"He can't evaporate...unless Hypnos taught him to. That winged bastard." Hades cursed as he ran a hand through his hair knocking off his flower crown.

I watched as it descended down to the fiery pits of the Underworld. A trickle of sweat dripped down my forehead and I began to grow hot.

"Can't you I don't know summon him?" I questioned as I wiped my forehead.

Fire crackled beneath us and I could hear the cries of creatures below.

Fire+Cries of the unfortunate souls= Tartarus.

We were in Tartarus aka the place mortals imagine when they think of hell. This is the last place I wanted to be, I know Hades said I was safe because I drank the liquid fire but I didn't want to test out how safe I truly was.

I could slowly feel my hair poofing.

"CEREBUS!" Hades bellowed. There was a roar followed by a bark but nothing appeared.

My stomach churned at whatever made that roaring sound, because it definitely was not Cerby.

"Damn dog." Hades matured as he snapped the reins. We once again lurched forward this time at a slower pace. Hades leaned over and looked down, his eyes scanning for something. I didn't wanna do the same. There was nothing but lava and monsters down below and I know the latter of the two wouldn't blink an eye at tearing me apart.

"C'MERE BOY!" Hades shouted. He brought his fingers to his mouth and let out a loud piercing whistle that cut through the howling wind.

Something appeared next to me. Thinking it was Cerebus I leaned over to hug him.

Imagine my shock when I didn't touch the soft fur or my four legged friend but a scaly serpent.

I let out a scream right before the creature struck my neck. It's fangs sinking in deep.

The force of the strike made me topple backwards out of the chariot. I lunged my hand out before I could go down and grabbed the handle bar on the chariot.

The snake hissed and rearing back getting ready to strike once more. It stood tall, it's dark green scales glistening as it stared down at me with a hunger that made me scream in fear again.

Hades grabbed the viper and tore it off me,chucking it off the chariot. Hades pulled me until his lap, cradling me like you would cradle a new born baby.

He pressed his hands to my neck that was gushing blood. I couldn't feel the pain in my neck.

In fact I couldn't feel my entire body, it was numb.

Oh god. Is this the end?

Wait gods can't die!

RIGHT?

3-30-200/0

3-30-20
0/0