*Chapter 23*

Hey guys. I'm back, sorry for the disappearance💀. I've been working on 3 other projects because my brain can't seem to stay focus on one thing at once. Maybe while you wait, check out my other books 👉🏽👈🏽?
-*-

"Kore, does your mom abuse you?"

Hades words rang throughout my head. Abuse was a strong words and was not meant to be tossed around so lightly.

"My mother loves me. She would never." I said. I clenched my hand into a fist and scowled, "Why would you accuse her of a such a thing?"

There was a brief moment of silence before Hades spoke, "There's signs."

"She would never." Was all I could grit out, "I'm offended you would even say so."

"Kore, I didn't mean to offend you. I- I recognized the signs and thought maybe-"

"I was stupid?" I practically hissed. "I would know if I was being abused Hades."

"A majority of abuse victims don't realize it. It starts slow till the point it becomes normal for you." Hades calmly explained. "It doesn't have to be physically but it can be mentally or emotionally."

I practically growled, "Get out."

"Kore-"

"Out!" I hissed. There was a moment of silence before I heard a chair scrape across the floor and feet walk across the floor. The door opened briefly a glimmer of light shining through before shutting close, leaving me alone.

-*-
I angrily stabbed at the ground. It has been a whole week since I got mad at hades and I haven't talked to him since.

I feel bad, but my pride won't let me apologize. So I'll just sit here and mope till something occurs.

Which is probably the stupidest thing I can do, but when have I ever had a smart idea?

All my stupid decisions and ideas have lead me to this very moment in my life. I'm questioning everything and I think I'm slowly going crazy.

There was no way my mother was—is abusive. I would know the signs and so would my sister. I read about the signs of abuse all the time in books so I think I would be smart enough to realize them.

My mother isn't abusive she just has a tough way of showing her love and is over protective and strict and demanding—

She loves me.

She loves me?

Of course she loves me I'm her daughter, her pride and joy.

Hades is just spouting nonsense into your head. He's- he's reflecting his relationship and stress onto you.

No Hades wouldn't do that. Hades hasn't lied to me since I've met him, why would he lie now?

Unless he's trying to plot against my mother, but why would he do that?

GOD THIS IS SO CONFUSING!

I angrily hit the ground with my fist, vines with thorns on them popped up from the ground and wrapped around my fist.

Which of course just fueled my anger. I yanked on the vines just for them to grow tighter, essentially locking me to the ground. I willed them to die and I swear they grew tighter and began pulling me towards the ground.

"NO! LET GO DAMNIT I SWEAR!" I yelled at the vines like they had ears. I dug my heels into the dirt and pulled. "LET GO YOU BASTARD VINES! I DON'T WANT TO GET BURIED!"

"Kore? Are you alright?" I heard a voice behind me ask.

"IM GETTING SUCKED INTO THE EARTH!" I cried out, "HELP!"

How ironic. I'm the daughter of Demeter, and I'm about to get swallowed by the earth. Where would I even end up?

I'm in hell and there's no bottom so...will I just be buried?

"How did this even- Doesn't matter." The person said. I looked up and was face to face with Hypnos.

Not the person I was expecting but I'll take it.

Hypnos grabbed the vines completely ignoring the fact that he was literally getting stabbed by dozens of tiny thorns and pulled at them.

Hypnos grunted as he pulled with all his might. But it was pretty much pointless.

"I'll get Hecate!" Hypnos said before disappearing.

I swear the oddest things happen to me.

First I get trapped in the underworld, bit by a monster, power overloaded, I saw Posideon get eaten by a whale, and now my own creation is trying to suck me into the ground.

What's next? I forget everything? I become a permanent resident of the Underworld?

I shouldn't have thought that hows it's going to happen.

A small screech left my lips as I saw the ground had swallowed me up to my elbows and was still going. At this rate I was going to be dead.

Hopefully then my suffering will end.

-*-

Ten minutes later and Hypnos was not back and I was now simply a head sitting atop the ground.

My entire body was submerged in the ground. I would be lying if I said I didn't give up.

I gave up when I hit the five minute marker. I've accepted my fate. Hopefully my corpse will grow into some flower.

I wonder what's going to happen when I just disappear. Which I give five more minutes because the dirt has now covered my ears.

Hopefully my mom comes looking for me. She's probably going to scold me even when I'm dead.

Hades is probably going to groan about the paper work and headache my mom is going to cause him while the others will hopefully cry over my death.

Ironic how I'm going to die from a plant.

The world went dark as the earth consumed me.

7-13-2020
62/1