*Chapter 29*

SIKE. You really thought you were going to get a sappy ending? 5 more chapters till the epilogue.
-*-

Hades and I woke up in my garden. Hades as it turns out snores. Loudly.

However, all his loudness is forgiven because he is a cuddler. He's warm and soft, like a muffin.

I sat up and cracked my back, as it turns out the soft grass is not as soft as it looks. It's hard and it feels like concrete. Hades sat up a few minutes later. His hair was no longer nice and proper—instead it was sticking up in different direction and completely flat on the back of his head.

I covered my mouth to hide my laughter and turned away from him.

"Ey. Don't laugh at me! You look equally as bad!" He said before reaching over and ruffling my hair. We played around a little more before stopping and relaxing. I laid draped across Hades lap, our hands entwined on my stomach.

"You know we have to get back to the others?" Hades murmured as he stroked my hair, "They might think we got eaten by some demon."

I sighed and poked his chin, "I don't want to go back."

"Well, you don't have to go back. However I do, office work is my life."

"You could always bring your work here."

Hades frowned and looked around. Bees and birds buzzed around along with other critters. I realized that slowly over time my garden became a safe haven for animals, and not the evil animals...but the animals that reminded me of above.

"As much as I cherish our time together, flower." Hades paused slightly to scowl at a bee that began buzzing around his head, "I do not enjoy the bees and their attraction towards me."

I snorted, "Bees are attracted to sweet things. They like you because your sweet."

"Yes well I do not like them." Hades stated before muttering under his breath, "Damn demonic things."

I giggled before sitting up and reaching my hand out. The fat bee that was 'terrorizing' Hades landed on my hand, it crawled around a bit before climbing into the flower I grew with my free hand.

"Bees are typically harmless, they only sting if angered enough. They were given a bad reputation, their just cute little farmers with wings." I said as I placed the flower on the ground, "My mom said that bees make the world go round."

Oh god my mom.

As Hades began to ramble about how bees are evil and small miniature servants of hell, I slowly slipped into a deep thought process.

How was I going to explain to my mother that I in fact did not want to come back to the farm?

More importantly how was she going to react to the fact that Hades and were...whatever we were. Surely she can't get that mad. I'm grown, I drink and do what I want...atleast now I do.

Before I didn't, but now I think the Underworld has changed me, for the better. If I summon her here she can't drag me back up. Even if she did try it most likely wouldn't work.

Or would it? She is an almighty god.

"Hello? Earth to Kore." Hades said, drawing me back to reality.

"Huh? Sorry." I replied sheepishly. I gave his hand a small pat before standing, "We have to get going right?"

Hades frowned, standing with me, "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Your lying."

I opened my mouth to argue but I stopped, it was no use. He was going to figure out eventually. I'd rather it be now then when my mother came down here hotter than flames of hell.

"How do I explain to my mother that I'm staying here?" I paused slightly before looking at him, "How do I explain this?"

Really Kore? Why did you say that.

I mentally face palmed myself at the fact that I called our relationship a this. I could have said new entanglement or relationship.

But no.

I had to say this.

"Well. Your mom already knows your going to be staying here, as far as she knows there's no other options out of here." Hades took my hands into his and lifted them to his lips, gently placing a kiss on them, "As for, this. We should tell her, it doesn't have to be now,but whenever your ready."

I stared at him, waiting for the other shoe to drop. There was no way he could be perfectly okay with everything. I know him and my mom didn't exactly get along with each other. Confronting her had to be like a stab wound to him.

Heck, I don't think a lot of people got along with my mom.

She was uptight, but also loving.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Hades questioned. He looped his arm with mine and gently tugged me along.

"There's no way your real. This has to be a fever dream." I said in denial, "I'm going to wake up and all this is going to be fake and I'll be back on that farm that I love but also hate because it's like a prison and I'll have no friends but my mother, the nymphs, and-"

Hade stopped my rambling by pulling me to him and kissing me. Even though I had never been kissed multiple times before, I believe this kiss is one of the best kisses I have ever and will ever received.

It took my breath away but strangely at the same time gave me life, hope, and warmth. Hades lips were soft and inviting. So inviting that even after we pulled back from kissing, completely breathless, I went in for another round.

 So inviting that even after we pulled back from kissing, completely breathless, I went in for another round

10/8/2020
62/1