*Chapter 5*

When I was a little girl, I would always dream about leaving my cottage and go exploring on my own. Discover things I never knew, meet people, maybe even fall in love. I would write stories about these adventures, with make-believe characters and events.

My mother called my imagination foolish, she told me the real world was nothing like I portrayed in my head, in my writings. She would tell me stories of hideous men, creatures, and love so bad it killed people. She told me I was best with her.

Always with her, and only with her. I was a lonely child.

I think I was so lonely that my only source of happiness was my characters and my make-believe world.

Being trapped in the underworld was not the adventure or dream I had hoped of as a little girl, but it would suffice.

I don't know about my mother though. She was still in the corner pouting, she didn't even step in to help clean the mess after I vomited for the second time.

I almost vomited a third time after Hades explained my fate to me.

I was trapped in the underworld and I couldn't leave.

Sure it sounds bad at first, but after a while, I realized this could be my adventure of a lifetime.

Literally. A lifetime.

Yeah, I was stuck down here until we gods could figure out a way to get me out.

Which means it's going to be a while. Together with all 12 major gods only have 2 collective brain cells, Athena owns one and half of those two brain cells.

It was safe to say I didn't expect much to come soon, and apparently, my mother didn't either. She was in her corner sulking.

I'm not saying it's bad to be sulking, I couldn't imagine the pain she was going through right now. She was going to lose her only child, a pain no one wants.

I was dead, but it probably felt like it.

The moment I needed her most, she ignores me and grumbles alone in the corner instead of comforting me. I understand she's probably hurting too, but what about me? It's not only going to be hard living without any sunlight, but it's also going to be exhausting.

On earth, the sunlight is something I cherish and enjoy every minute of my life. Whether it be sun tanning, letting the sunlight in through the windows, or watching the sunlight nourish the plants I have always loved the sun.

It brings things to life and without it, we'd all be dead.

"Kore, I know it's going to be hard adjusting to life here but I promise I'll try my best to make it okay," Hades said as he opened the hospital room door.

I just nodded, too numb to form words.

A young man, who was undeniably attractive stepped through the door. A golden band was placed atop his hair, a pair of white angel wings protruding from either side. His loosely curled hair reminded me of the golden-brown color of honey, while his eyes were the softest pair of eyes I have ever seen. They were a warm brown color that made me think of the times my mom would give me warm chocolate chips and milk to help me go to sleep when I was a little girl.

The young man was in a white toga, with a light purple cape draped across his back and one shoulder. A horn with a red poppy sat rested against his chest. He carried a cup of something that was glowing.

I found myself yawning and wanting to go to sleep. My eyes were growing heavy and I tried to get comfortable in the hospital bed to go to sleep. I could feel my pain slipping away along with the world.