Epilouge

Third p.o.v

The goddess of spring stared at her reflection in the river of forgetfulness. Her soul ached and she remembered the words the nymph told her, just one swim, and all will be resolved.

Which meant no more tears or him.

Something inside her urged her to go forward, her pulse raced and it felt as if the world around her just fell away. Kore once felt this way with Hades when they kissed on her birthday, she remembers the way it felt to kiss him, to have his hands run through her hair as they took each other's breaths away.

Go

She didn't want to go. She just wanted to forget about everything that ever happened in the past year, even if it meant forgetting about her friends.

Go

Surely someone would see her dive in and pull her out, a foolish thought but that thought held hope that she wouldn't forget everything. Kore knew it only took a mere five minutes to completely erase your memory, she prayed to whoever listened that that wouldn't happen.

Go

Would taking a small sip of the river water have the desired effect she wished for? She wondered, all the nymph had told her to go swimming and it would help, she couldn't exactly ask the nymph her questions.

Nor could she ask anybody else.

Go, her conscience purred again. It was an irrational decision, she would admit that much. But this river had the solution to all her problems—

The bond, the love, the pain. It would end it all.

Without hesitating, the goddess of spring fell in and let the river's current carry her memories away.

1/20/2021

3/0