*Chapter 19*

I must have passed out, because when I awoke I was in a hospital. It wasn't the Underworlds hospital, nor Mount Olympus hospital.

The lights were off which was a positive and there was no loud noises. It smelled of sea water and fish?

Did I fall into the sea?

"Kore?" I heard a voice question. It sounded a lot like my mother's.

"Mom?" I groaned. I turned my head and looked towards the owner of the voice.

My sister stood next to me, worry etched on her face. I looked to my left and saw Hades sitting in a chair, stroking the head of Cerebus.

"You found him." I murmured as I held my hand out for the dog. Hades simply let out a grunt but nothing else.

Cerebus stood up and came over, his tiny nub wagging fast. He let out a small happy noise, his eyes filled with joy.

I scratched his head, smiling as I did. I turned my head back to face Despoina. "Where am I? Why are you here?"

"Were in Posideons lair. Sis you really need to stop getting injured." Despoina said as she rubbed her temple, "Demeter is on her way."

I groaned. Emotionally I was happy I was going to see my mother. Mentally I wished I didn't see her again...at least not in a hospital bed.

I could already hear her ten thousand questions, why are you here? What happened? Why were you riding a chariot? Hades is this your fault?

I could go on and on but that would take an eternity.

And I, even though immortal—don't have time for that.

I have other things in life to experience, like plants, sex, children, a family.

"Mum is going to flip." I groaned as I rubbed the spot on my neck where the snake bit. It hurt worse than than the time I accidentally got struck by a scythe in the shin by a field worker.

I still somehow have a large scar running down my shin from the brutal attack.

Hades let out a small grunt as he stood from his spot, he dragged his chair closer to me before plopping down once more.

He looked at me for a few seconds before speaking, "Are you alright?"

Mmm let's see shall we? I got bit in the neck by some creature from literal hell AND to top it all off I'm about to see my  mother?

So as you can see, I am not feeling too peachy.

I smiled and lied through my skin, "I feel great."

Lying is a sin but I'm already stuck in hell so oh flipping well. Can't punish me more than I've already been punished.

My eyes traveled to the clock that rested on the ceiling instead of the wall and all of a sudden I found my self questioning if this was a dream. Maybe everything that has happened to me in the past month or so was a dream.

If so this is one vivid dream. My hand traveled to my arm and I subconsciously pinched myself and scowled angrily when I didn't wake up. At this point I don't even know why I wonder anymore.

Before I could mentally cry the door to my room swung open hitting the wall with a loud bang!

A small startled noise came from Despoina before she disappeared with a poof. Hades rose to his feet while Cerberus growled at the new intruder and the intruder growled back?

I in all my years of living have never met Poseidon. Hades brother, and my sisters father, I've only heard he was crazy and somewhat feral...

Which now I totally see. In all his fish smelling gory, Poseidon stood at the door of the room. His beard (which was quite dirty I might add)  touched the ground and matched his shaggy brown hair. Unlike Hades, Poseidon's skin was perfectly tan and sun kissed.

His green eyes scanned the room before landing on me. "Your Demeter's daughter?" He questioned like he was confused, "I expected you to look more..."

My eyes narrowed at him and I scowled, "More like what?"

"Like Zeus. White, blue eyes, you know the whole shabang."

"Brother." Hades sighed, "Leave her alone."

"Why, dickhead?" Poseidon questioned as he sat down on the edge of my bed, he picked up a bottle of medicine on the table end bed and shook it. "I don't understand why the nymphs even prescribed you medicine...your a god. A weak one, but never the less a god."

Did he just call me weak?

You know what I am so fed up with people thinking I'm this weak god who doesn't do anything. First Minthe then Poseidon. I am tired of these people underestimating.

God damnit I'm a god too! A powerful one!

My face became hot with anger and the heart monitor beeped in alarm.

"I am not WEAK!" I snarled as I clenched my fist. In one moment Poseidon sat there shocked and in the next he was a bright green potted fern.

My eyes widen at what I did. HOLY TREES!

I CAN TURN PEOPLE INTO PLANTS!

I must have shocked Hades too because he just stood there gaping in amazement.

Hell yeah! I'm not weak no more, sucker!

I was too shell shocked to notice my mother standing in the doorway, absolutely fuming with a scared Despoina standing behind her.

4-9-20
65/1