*Chapter 28*

The song above is the song that plays during Hades and Kore dance.
-*-

Throughout the night I made my rounds around the party saying hello to people I've never met, making new friends, and kindly accepting gifts...even if they were a bit odd.

I was sitting at my table trying to figure out a fancy watch somebody had gotten me when Hades tapped me on my shoulder. I smiled up at him, a small blush coming to my cheeks as I thought about what occurred between us a few hours before. I fought the urge to touch my lips.

He took my hand and pulled me up from my spot, a smile spreading on his face.

"What are you doing?" I questioned as he pulled us to the dance floor. He placed his gentle hands on my waist, a lopsided smile on his face.

"Did I tell you that you looked gorgeous?" Hades whispered in my ear.

I giggled my face heating up, "Only 7 times tonight."

We slowly swayed to the beat of the orchestra, others had joined us including Hypnos who was dancing with my dog.

"Cerebus is going to be jealous," Hades said as he caught a glimpse of Hypnos.

"Of you or the new edition to the Underworld?" I snickered. I slowly raised my head and was met with the eyes of Hades who was looking down at me with fondness and amusement.

"The new edition. Why would my dog be jealous of me?"

I rose an eyebrow at Hades. Ever since I've come to the Underworld Cerebus and I have been connected to the hip. I often find him in my bed in the morning when he was not there the night before or running around me when I'm in my garden.

"Hades, your dog is no longer your dog. Cerebus is team Kore now." I joked.

Hades chuckled, a smirk taking over his face. He leaned down a bit and whispered in my ear, sending the butterflies in my stomach to go into a ruckus, "I intend to make Cerebus very jealous then."

I nearly died right then and there. I'm sure my cheeks turned so red that you could see me blushing extra hard. It took me a moment to blink and react.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I was too star-struck to even remember my name or where I was.

Hades grinned and spun me around, jostling the butterflies in my stomach all over again.

"You're cute when you're flustered." He murmured.

I managed to gather my wits back and responded, "So your saying I'm not always cute?"

The god of the underworld nearly fainted right before my eyes as he began to quickly talk, "No no I think your always pretty but your uh--no you're gorgeous-"

I placed my hand on his lips, stopping his rambling, "Relax. I was just joking."

"Oh. Right."

"Are you sure you've been in a relationship before? You seem more nervous than me." I mused.

"I only get nervous around y- others," Hades said.

As I've said before drunk Kore has a lot more courage than sober Kore. I've had 4 drinks tonight and was on my fifth until Hades stopped me.

I might have a small drinking problem.

I leaned up on my tiptoes and whispered in Hade's ear, "How about we get out of here then?"

"You want to ditch your birthday party?" Hades questioned.

"We've been here for six hours. It's 3 in the morning, mostly everyone has left anyways."

In reality, we have only been here for 5 hours, but I needed to add dramatic effect to persuade Hades to ditch with me.

I was being truthful when I said it was 3am and almost everybody had left or were too drunk to leave.

Hades looked around briefly before he nodded. With that I lead him out the room scooping up a few muffins and snacks along the way. We walked arm in arm all the way to my garden.

Plants of various types covered the ground the air smelled of lavender and flowers. The tree branches bristled with the wind and the bright moon shone down on us, giving Hades a soft glow.

I picked out a spot that was somehow bare before plopping down and patting the spot next to me. Hades slowly lowered himself to the ground, a small smile on his face.

I looked out over my garden and smiled to myself. When I first found out I was trapped in the Underworld, I wanted to get out—even earlier I wanted out...but now going through everything I just did I was no longer in a rush to get out.

In fact I wasn't even sure if I wanted to leave. Everything here is beautiful.

I watched as animals wondered and flowers bloomed. Things weren't like this back up above.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Hades hummed as he poked my cheek.

I slowly turned and looked at him. I scanned every inch of his face, the small sliver of his collarbone that was now exposed, his hair that shifted with the wind. I took Hades in with my eyes and found peace and comfort.

"I think I want to stay here." I said softly tearing my eyes away from his. If he rejected me I didn't want to see his face.

"Forever? Hades asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

I nodded, "Forever."

"Are you sure? The underworld isn't that great."

I laughed as I fell back into the grass, I gestured for hades to do the same before saying, "The underworld is perfect."

"Even with its darkness and demons?" Hades questioned. He had propped himself up and was gazing down at me.

"Yes. Even with its darkness and demons."

"Okay." Hades whispered softly as he placed a kiss on my cheek and laid back. His finger interlocking with mine.

Okay.

9/29/202041/1The End 🥺

9/29/2020
41/1
The End 🥺