*Chapter 32*

I stared out the window and watched as the snow fell. It came down in heavy sheets, coating everything in white.

"God I hate the snow." I heard Hecate mutter from where she sat on my bed behind me.

To be quite honest I could care less about the snow that fell from the artificial sky. I care more about the two figures talking below. My mother and Hades talked in a calm non-fighting manner. Which is surprising my mother is a physical person when it comes to anger.

"What do you think they are talking about?" I asked Hecate.

Like Hecate would have the answer.

"Maybe Hades is asking your mother for your hand in marriage."

At first, I didn't process what Hecate had said. I just stood there, continually staring at Hades. When her words did sink in my eyes widen and I whipped around to face her.

"What?! What do you mean Hades is asking my mother for my hand in marriage!?" I crossed the room faster than I thought possible and stood in front of Hecate.

Hecate shrugged, plopping another chocolate covered strawberry in her mouth.

MY chocolate covered strawberries that Hades got me!

I yanked the tray out of her hand and tossed them onto the bedside table, "Tell me! Or I will grow a plant in this room!"

"You wouldn't." Hecate gasped, her eyes wide.

"Try me," I said shaking my hand at her.

"Hades...Hades has been shopping a lot recently downtown. In the jewelry store. He asked the palace people to set up a 'romantic picnic under the stars.'"

I gasped and gripped Hecates arm give her a slight shake, "When? WHEN TELL ME?!"

"Tonight! In your garden!" Hecate said shaking herself free from my grasp.

Hades is going to propose?! Tonight!?

HOLY SHIT.

Is it too early?

I mean the man and I haven't even confessed our love for each other. Isn't that what comes first or have the movies lied to me?

No, no it's not too early. I...love Hades. Maybe not 100% but there is some love there for him. Somewhere in my heart.

Oh gods, is this a mistake?

No...right?

I mean we have known each other for a very long time,

"Stop pacing. You're giving me a migraine." Hecate muttered as she gave me a pitiful look.

I stopped, not even realizing I was pacing. My heart was racing and I felt like I was on cloud nine. Which I found is a feeling I often get whenever I think about Hades.

"Are you sure? What if this is just some-" I began

"Some what?" Hecate said cutting me off, "Hades seems to be completely smitten with you and you with him. It's not usual to get married quickly."

I plopped down on the bed next to her and stared at the ceiling.

Was I ready to get married? I mean sure it was something that I had dreamed about since I was a mini goddess but now that it was an actual possibility I didn't know how to quite feel.

There were so many things to do before nightfall that I realized I might not have enough time to accomplish them all.

I needed to shave, wax, battle my hair, and find something to wear.

All that was going to take me a good 5 hours. I sat upright quickly nearly giving myself whiplash.

"What's with you?" Hecate questioned.

"I have to start getting ready," I muttered as I launched myself into my closet and began digging through it

"Nightfall isn't for another 6 hours? What possibly is going to take six hours?" Hecate said in disbelief as she followed me into the closet. There was a visible look of confusion on her face.

"My hair, outfit, EVERYTHING!" I began digging through my closet like a madman, tossing things in every direction, "I can't look like a rat when I'm getting engaged."

"You have fun with that. I'll see ya tomorrow." Was all Hecate said before she disappered.

-*-
I stared at myself in the mirror and then at the letter that was delivered to my door while I was in the shower.

Tonight was the night that I get engaged.

It sounds odd to even think that but I'm ready. I feel like I've known Hades for my entire life time.
I'm ready to live with him for the rest of my life.

My finger nervously tapped against the counter edge before I pushed my self and left my bathroom.

If I stared at myself any longer I would begin to nit pick every single little thing, from the hair on my head to the lint on my dress.

I took a deep breath before I threw opened my door just to be greeted with a skeleton worker. They made no noise just offered me their bony arm. Once I took it they led me down the ever changing hallway that shifted with each step we took.

I never did figure out how to handle the hallway. Perhaps now that I know I will be staying permanently I can take my time to figure it out.

Time.

I had nothing but time.

A smiled graced my face as the skeleton led me up the hill to my garden. It felt like my heart was about to jump out my chest. My palms were getting sweaty as my nerves grew.

I didn't even realize we were at the entrance till the skeleton worker removed himself from me, gave me a simple bow before tumbling down the hill like a bowling ball.

His bones made a clacking sound as he made his way down the hill different pieces of him in different spots.

Surely he would resemble himself?

I waited for a good five minutes before realizing the skeleton was in fact not going to resemble himself. I was about to turn and go down the hill to collect him before I heard a sound.

A sound that made my heart face and hurt at the same time. I slowly turned back to face my garden. Different flowers grew amongst my feet nearly tripling me.

I pushed past the bushes, everything blurring around me. I no longer could hear my breathing, just the unmistakable sound of two people fucking.

In my garden.

I knew who it was.

But a part of me wished it was anyone but.

Anyone.

All I could say as I stared at the dark haired god was, "Why?"

2/14/2021
48/0