*Chapter 33*

"Why?" I snarled, "Why did you do this?"

Hades looked at me, "I don't know."

"This isn't like you. Is someone threatening you?"I gripped his shirt and shook him. Thunder crackled overhead and rain began pouring down on us, "Are they hurting you?"

"I did it of my own free will." He tore my hands off and stared me straight in the eyes, "Maybe I decided I didn't want you anymore."

I stood there for a moment, completely stunned. I felt my heart break into small pieces.

Bit by bit.

I didn't know what to think. I couldn't even think.

Not a single tear welled in my eyes. I just felt cold and empty.

Hades stood in front of me, unwavering. He didn't even have the courage to look me in the eye anymore.

Pathetic, weak.

Slowly, as I gained my mental state back I was able to think. The vines growing around us felt oddly comforting and not annoying like they use to be.

"Your a lot stronger than you think, Kore," Hades told me as we sat on the beach.

I smiled, it meant a lot coming from a stronger god. I had always been perceived as weak, but I am a goddess and goddesses are strong.

The memory faded from my head and I felt hot anger. My hands curled into a fist and I imagined vines growing around Hade's necks suffocating him till he begged for air.

"Your weak," I muttered.

"What?" Hades questioned.

"I said, you're weak and pathetic." I spat with venom. Hatred filled my heart as I realized my mother was right this whole time.

Men are monsters who just use you for their benefits.

Hades was no different but god I wanted him to be.

I shot my hand out and let the vines crawl up his body and around his neck. Once he realized what was happening it was too late. He gasped for air clawing at the vines on his neck.

"It's a pity. You really should have thought this through." I turned on my heel and walked away from my garden and towards Minthe.

I let a few tears fall as I stopped in front of her. Minthe had a smirk on her face and still no clothes on. I swallowed the vomit in my mouth before saying, "I hope you're happy."

"Very." She smiled and cocked her head to the side, "I told you Hades would never leave me, especially not for a prune."

My eye twitched at words and I scowled, "At least I don't spread my legs for every man I come across, you whore."

"What did you say?" Minthe hissed as she stood and grabbed me by the front of my shirt.

"You heard me."

Her eyes narrowed as she released my shirt.

SLAP!

My head whipped to the side as blood and saliva flew out my mouth. My hand flew to my stinging cheek.

It was at that moment that I plotted Minthe death. There was no thought. Just pure anger.

Hot, hot anger.

Everything was a blur as I clutched Minthes wrist. My heart raced as she went from screaming to a simple plant in a matter of seconds.

I stared down at the plant, frowning a bit. It was an ugly thing. It was a greenish color, one shade darker than that of lime with dozens of leaves. It gave off a smell that made my nose wrinkle.

I didn't hesitate as I stomped down on her and twisted my foot, crushing the plant to bits and pieces. I ripped the plant out of the ground and gagged at the smell it gave off. I clenched my fist and watched with satisfaction as it withered into a wrinkly branch that I proceeded to snap and stomp on.

All I could think of was how she and Hades were entangled, feet away from the Garden that Hades gifted me when I was lonely.

Was this his plan all along? Drag me along with my feelings, loop me in, and break me?

I could hardly think as I numbly moved throughout the Underworld. I passed by the town not paying mind to the screaming ghost who fled from the vines that were taking over their town.

I kept walking till I ended up by the river of Lethe. I fell to my knees and stared at the rushing water. The words of the book I had read earlier kept ringing in my head over and over again.

One sip and you'll be free. One sip and you'll be gone.

One sip.

2/14/20

3/0