*Chapter 6*

When I woke up I felt nauseous once again expect this time I was sweaty. I was sweatier than an old man at the gym.

I could hear people talking all around me, it sounded someone was shuffling papers or ripping them apart. It was hard to tell.

I didn't want to open my eyes, because I knew that when I did open them I would see nothing but disappointment and grief. So I kept them close.

"You said she would be awake by now Hypnos, why isn't she awake?" My mothers voice said, a hidden irritation buried deep beneath.

"Maybe she doesn't want to wake to see your ugly face, Demeter? Have you ever thought of that? Poor girl has spent her entire life looking at your ugly guzzle, I don't blame the poor girl for not wanting to wake." Hypnos said.

I fought the urge to laugh. My mom wasn't ugly, but it was still funny.

There was a loud bang as something dropped to the floor and a scuffle of feet. I heard a few people grunt and my mom shout.

"Ey! You old crazy bat! Watch your hands before I knock you into a long sleep that you cant wake up from!" Hypnos hissed angrily.

"Watch what you say about my daughter!" My mother snarled back.

"I didnt say anything about your daughter! I said things about you, you crazy ass farmer!"

"That's enough. Hypnos, can you try again?" Zeus asked.

As soon as Hypnos swiped his hand across my forehead I opened my eyes wincing slightly.

I opened my mouth but it hurt to even do that. So I settled for the second best thing.

My middle finger.

"Kore don't be like this. We did it for your safety." My mother said. She was standing  next to me, clutching my hand.

I tore my hand from hers and turned my head away from her. I did a quick sweep over the room and saw that Hades was gone, along with Aeacus and Hera.

"Well that's comforting." Hypnos smiled. "Thank you for that."

I glared at Hypnos who simply smiled back. Should he even be smiling? He was born in the darkest part of hell, I feel like he should be glaring and hissing.

It was angering.

Zeus and my mom both looked at me with apologetic faces. Their sympathy felt suffocating, it was almost like I could hear their thoughts, their pity.

Poor girl, stuck in the underworld for 3 months.

Poor girl trapped in the darkness.

Poor girl, poor girl poor girl-

"Stop looking at me." I hissed, which really was more of a rasp. I sounded like a heavy chain smoker with lung that were deteriorating faster than my will to live right now.

Zeus sighed, "Call me when she's done acting like a brat."

Before I could show him my finger, he disappeared leaving me with only Hypnos and my mother.

What a lovely time.

"I'll get Apollo." My mother murmured before she too disappeared. Leaving me with Hypnos who was eating my ice chips.

Bastard.

What the hell is my life right now?

All I did was eat some fruit and next thing I know I'm trapped in this dark place for Olympus knows how long!