*Chapter 17*

HADES P.O.V.

It wasn't until I was washing the dirt from my hands and hair that I realized I was in trouble.

I was falling for Kore and there was nothing I could do to stop it, believe me, I tried. I tried busying my self with Minthe, in hopes to forget Kore and I attempted to busying myself with the underworld business but nothing was working and I was a helpless fool falling in love.

I didn't intend to travel to the mortal realm, a task that I hate so much that I only go to the realm once every 2 centuries, and I am 854 years old. When I sensed Kore crying her heart out, I couldn't just sit by and let it happen, so I, the god of the underworld traveled to Mt.Olympus where Demeter resides.

And, got stabbed by Demeter. After swearing and cursing at the damn witch I went to some mortal store that sold all types of weird things like these machines that cut grass and these weird snacks that are cheese crackers, after marveling at the objects the mortals have created I bought the entire stock of seeds. From green beans to cactus seeds.

I don't blame Demeter for stabbing me, I would have stabbed me too if given the chance, however, she could have given me a heads up like, Hey Hades watch as I stab you with this very sharp and very pointy steak knife that I was just using to carve a watermelon!

If she had said that, I would have been less angry, still angry nonetheless but maybe I wouldn't have burned down her crops and squashed her flowers. I only burned down a wheat field and a half and I'm starting to wish I burned down more. It would only take her 4 hours to clear off the burnt crops and grow more if I had burned down all her wheat fields it would have taken 5 hours!

Which means an extra hour of work.

It's those little things that bring me pleasure.

Even though I didn't talk to Demeter long enough for her to tell me that she loved her daughter very much and missed her, I knew she did. You could see how much Kore's absence has taken a toll on her, her brown eyes were empty and there were bags under her eyes that were heavier than the baggage I carry on my shoulders. And-I knew Kore needed to hear those words, even if I didn't hear them.

Even though I didn't talk to Demeter she did send me (really kore) a letter that just arrived as soon as I got back, so I stuffed the letter in the bottom of the bag that I filled with seeds. I hope it helps with Kore's sadness, there not much more I could do, besides get her out of here but that's not possible.

I dug the dirt out from under my nails with a toothpick before pulling on my underwear and laying down in my bed.

I let out a sigh, if I did get her out she wouldn't come back...which was a good thing.

...right?

-🌹-

The next day I Kore met me at my office. Her arms were filled with books that I had ever seen before.

"Greetings Kore, doing a little reading today are we?" I questioned as I pushed open my office door, praying to Mt.Olympus above that the maids cleaned my office the last night.

I held in my sign of relief while inviting her in.

Note to self thank the maids.

Kore murmured a thanks before stepping in and setting down her books on the ground. A small smile appeared on her face as she spoke, "Last night got me thinking. Since I have been here I haven't found a way to get of here-not that the Underworld is a bad place."