Chapter 2

Arriving in the Underworld was like arriving in a winter wonderland. Expect without the snow, just the coldness and sparkling lights.

Gods and creatures alike mingled about the large ballroom. It was easy to spot the higher up gods such as Zeus and Poseidon, people surrounded them like they were a celebrity.

Which I guess they were.

I took in the details of the room, lights hung from the ceiling like stars descending from the sky. The lights reflected on the floor and made the glossy tile seem sparkly and twinkling.

It was beautiful.

Everyone always portrays the underworld as a place of horror, darkness, and hell, but it was so not that.

Perhaps it was just because we weren't in the depths of the Underworld, but in the castle, it was still pretty.

"KOR-EEEE! IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I'VE SEEN YOU!" Hestia shouted in my ear drunkenly. She appeared out of thin air nearly giving me a stroke. "I see your mother finally let you out of your hell hole!"

My eyes widen at her statement, "It's not a hell ho-"

"Hestia hello," My mom said, cutting off my sentence. Her grip on my arm was tight, unlike her grip on my sister which was nonexistent. "See you're draining the wine again."

"Oh please, there's still some left! I'm not that much of an alcoholic!" Hestia said cheerfully with a playful wink towards me as if being an alcoholic was a good thing.

"Um, I don't think that's a good thing to be admitting," I said looking at the wine glass in her hand that seemed to be refilling its self.

One of the perks of being a greek god, never-ending wine.

"Perhaps not, but hey what doesn't kill me makes me stronger amirite?" She elbowed at me, her eye once again winking.

"Come along Kore, let's go see the others." My mother said brushing off Hestia.

I waved goodbye, grinning as I did, "Goodbye Hestia!"

Hestia said goodbye back before turning on her heel and going back into the crowd.

~🌸~

My mother and I have been making our rounds, greeting everybody and nibbling on long while sipping wine. I was having fun so far, but it was quite drab.

The gods and goddesses never held up a conversation for long, they kept it simple and bland. After a while, all the conversations and immortal beings all just blended together and become one blurred memory.

With boredom I picked at my nails, cursing myself for not staying home. At least if I was home I could be finishing my journal.

Different flowers that meant different things began to bloom around me, I think most of them meant disappointment and anger. Which I was definitely feeling right now.

I waited my whole stupid immortal life to go to this party that was more of a snooze fest than a party!

I was pissed, to say the least.

Everyone always talked about it as if the summer feast was some magnificent and exciting thing...it was everything but that!

I crushed my fist and watched as all the flowers began to wilt and die.