*Chapter 31*

I stared at my mom in surprise but also shock. She missed my birthday because she didn't have "time", but has time to investigate her adults daughter relationship?

What kind of bull crap is that?!

Hades placed a hand on my shoulder, a small worried smile on his face, "I'll go make some tea."

He gave me only last look before picking Ghost up and leaving the room, shutting the door softly behind him. I wanted to yell at him, COME BACK YOU GIANT TREE.

"Mother." Was all I said as I looked at Demeter.

"I suppose I deserve that cold greeting." She sat down, her posture held high, "Are you two...?

"Together? He asked me on a date." I said, leaving out the fact that we swapped salvia. My mother would Kill Hades and find a way to trap me in a place I'm already trapped in if she knew.

The crease between her brows grew and her frowned deepened, "I suppose it was only a small amount of time before this occurred. Tell me have you two consummated your relationship?

"Huh?" I asked confused.

My mother sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "Have you had sex?"

"Oh don't worry. I've been fine. I got a new dog, had a birthday party. On you know, my birthday, to which you weren't here for. What else? Oh yes, I made friends, drank liquor. Stayed up all night and watched the stars with friends. But yes all that matters is if I had sex, to which the answer is no. If that's all you were looking for you can, depart." I said in disbelief and annoyance. I began to rub my temples.

I'm beginning to really wishing I had drank that coffee right about now.

She was quiet for a moment, before she spoke boldly and just angered me more, "I didn't come to your birthday party because I couldn't stomach coming down here with these monsters. I don't know how you could stomach it either, look at you they have already started changing you."

"Chang— They are not monsters. They are being just like you and I. The only difference is they have happiness in their life and you are an angry bitter person." I hissed. Thunder crackled over head, and vines wrapped around my ankles, "If anyone here is a monster, it's you!"

"Kore, I am your mother and you will talk to me with—"

"Respect?! You don't get my respect, not after everything. Did you even try to get me out of here? Hm? While I was down here wishing I was dead you were up there worrying if I was going to lose my virginity! You- YOU WERE MORE CONCERNED THAT YOUR DAUGHTER WAS GOING TO BECOME A WHORE THAN YOU WERE TRYING TO GET HER BACK!" I screeched, I felt all the anger I had suppressed for days, months— years come flowing up and out. "FUCK YOU AND YOUR RESPECT."

Before she could finish I stormed to the door and gripped the door knob nearly breaking it off. I turned to face her one more time and hissed, "For your information, Hades and I made out, four times! I plan to fuck him as much as I please and become the whore you fear! I hope you want grandchildren!"

I threw open the door and stormed out.

-*-
I was halfway to my garden when Hades appeared by my side. He remained quiet as I continued my march. Flowers and vines grew in my trail, they were as thick as my anger towards my mother.

It wasn't till we were sitting down under the willow tree that I finally spoke, "Did you hear any of it?"

"I heard everything." Hades said.

I opened my mouth but no noise came out. I was too stricken with embarrassment, my face became out and I found myself staring at the ground.

"If it makes you feel better, I don't mind grandchildren." Hades murmured as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

That just made my face redden even more. To get grandchildren you needed childern. Which meant a lot of things need to happen between Hades and I.

All I could say was a a simple, "Oh."

I didn't know what to say. Marry me because your perfect in every aspect and there's no one better than you?

Not only did I not know what to say, I didn't know what to do. I'm sure my mother is probably going to disown me, which is great.

Note my sarcasm.

Even though she was being rude, I for some reason still wanted to make amends with her and once again be the perfect god damn child.

Why is it so hard for me to just breakout of that mood of trying to be perfect? Nobody else was tryin to be this way—everyone else was flawed but they were okay with that.

I wasn't.

47/2