*Chapter 15*

Two Weeks Later

I stared aimlessly at my ceiling, wishing that I wasn't here.

Here.

In this place that is foreign, cold, and not my home.

It's funny how my mood within the past few weeks that I had been in Underworld went from sad, angry, depressed, happy, and then sad and depressed all over again.

It was like I was going through puberty all over again.

Expect I wasn't. It was much worse. I was stuck in a place I didn't want to be in.

The Underworld. A place that mortals and immortals fear. I know I feared this place. That was until I learned that it wasn't the people and creatures that made it worse.

It was the atmosphere. It was nothing like the world above and often left me feeling depleted and tired like I was just a useless piece of immortal bones and ichor.

I have no purpose here at all besides being a clingy 108 years old. Hades is trying his best to hang out with me but that's a little hard when you have a place to manage and a certain river nymph to ward off.

I felt selfish. I could perfectly function on my own in the Underworld but at the same time it felt like I couldn't.

I just wanted to go home. At first I was scared to be entrapped in the Underworld. But slowly after time, I thought being in the Underworld would be thrilling and exciting but it wasn't.

It was depressing.

I sighed as I rolled over on my side and stared at the wall, the same plain-colored wall that I have been staring at for the past 3 weeks. If I squinted hard enough I could see the paint strokes that were left by a horrible painter.

I couldn't help but wonder what my mother was doing right now. I know that it made me feel worse to think about her but every time I lay in my bed, wasting my life away by the minute I wondered if she felt the same.

It has always been just my mom and I, with the occasional visit from her other children, but for the most part just her and I. I always thought that my life in my cottage with my mother was bad, but little did I know that was something much much worse than being with my mother 24/7.

A few days after I came to the Underworld I didn't think I would miss my mother much, I thought finally! I'm free from her clutches and overbearing tendencies. However as time went on, as artificial night turned to artificial day, I began to miss her so much it felt like I was mourning a person I'd never see again.

Which I was slowly starting to give up hope that I ever would. It's been 4 weeks since I have been trapped in the Underworld. I have been so caught up in my feelings and the whirlwind of being in the Underworld that I never bothered to find a way out.

My laziness was starting to bite me in my butt. Hard and rough.

My mother wasn't the only one I missed, of course, I missed my cottage, the smell of the wheat fields, the sound of the wheat stalks rustling in the summer breeze. I longed to run barefooted with my friend Cyane through the forest that rested behind the wheat fields.

It's the little things that you don't think you would miss that you miss terribly.

I felt something drip down my face and realized I was crying.

I didn't mean to cry. I hate crying, my mom says it shows weakness and that you shouldn't do it.

So I don't.

She would be so disappointed in me right now. She's probably glad to have gotten rid of her weak good for nothing daughter.

One less burden on her shoulders.