*Chapter 8*

After walking around for twenty straight minutes I decided that no, there was not an end. It also didn't help that the halls constantly change and move around.

Maybe I actually died and this is my internal punishment? Aimlessly wandering around, possibly going in circles and slowly losing my sanity. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I sighed and sat down against the wall, I set Cerby down, letting him wiggle around in my lap.

Different types of flowers filled the hallway, growing from the walls, floors and even the ceiling.  They were thick and made the area toxically smell like flowers.

"Oh thank gosh! There you are Cerberus!" A voice said loudly to my left. A lady with pale skin, dark hair, and bright purple colored eyes stepped into my field of view, parting the flowers that hung low from the ceiling like curtains.

"Oh hello. Do I know you?" The lady asked. She was definitely part goddess, I could feel the power radiating off her.

"No. I- Atleast I dont think you do, I'm Kore." I said watching as Cerby climbed out of my lap and trotted over to the goddess.

Traitor.

"Kore? Aren't you Demeters daughter? Your a fairway from home." The goddess said as she scooped Cerebus up in one hand and offered me the other. "I'm Hecate by the way."

I took her hand and smiled, "That's me."

"What are you doing here? Your mother isn't exactly the kind to let you go." She quickly added sheepishly, "Sorry."

Does everybody think that?

I gave a wave of my hand, brushing her off. "It's no big deal. My mother has her reasons for her protectiveness. It's kinda a long story, but to put it shortly I'm stuck here."

"Ah you ate the pomegranate. Wicked things they are. I'm sorry, I know the underworld isn't exactly the best place to be."

It's the worse place to be, I thought but didn't say, I'd rather be in the sea.

Maybe she knows how to get out of here.

"By any chance do you know how to leave? Not that I'm going to of course." I said adding a smile.

Adding a smile always seems to work.

Hecate burst into laughter, "There's no leaving the underworld until your time is up. Might as well enjoy it while you can."

Frick my life.

~🌸🌼🌸🌼~

"Good afternoon Kore, how are you?" A voice I recognized as Hades asked.

I was currently sitting in the same cafe as I had been sitting when Ajax found me. At the same table too.

"I'm doing just peachy, Hades. There's a three-headed dog following me everywhere I go and I keep getting lost because I don't know where I am." I said flatly.

I was annoyed. Despite being underground, the underworld is hotter than the peak summer days in Olympus.

I swear it feels like my skin is being cooked, my hair isn't a happy camper—I'm not a happy camper.

Thank you humidity for making my life an even worse hell than it already is.

A small bark sounded from the ground as Cereby jumped into my lap and excitedly licked my chin and neck.

Apparently, Cerberus can appear and disappear whenever he pleases. For example, when I saw Hecate earlier and she had him, he stayed with her for a few minutes before disappearing again and reappearing by me.