*Chapter 13*

"Here is where I store my horses for my chariot," Hades said as we walked into a stable.

We had finished the tour of the palace (which was twice as beautiful as the throne room) and were now outside on the palace grounds. Outside wasn't the nicest, the ground was covered with pebbles instead of grass and there was no greenery. Just gray, brown, and more gray.

It was depressing.

The sky, however, was beautiful. It was the prettiest blue I have ever seen. It was much prettier than the sky up above, it reminded me of blue daisy's.

There was also a sun which was a little weird considering were underground. The entire plot of the Underworld is weird.

According to Hades, he asked Apollo to craft an artificial light for the underworld. Every 365 days the artificial sun explodes and is remade by Apollo, the stars do the same. The sun in the underworld wasn't quite like the sun up above but it still got the job done by shining brightly.

"These are my 8 horses. Only 4 pull my chariots while the other 4 are just for riding and show." Hades explained as we walked into the stables.

The skeleton stable workers walked around, examining and petting the horses.

Oh, yeah did I mention that workers in the underworld are skeletons?

Apparently, the ghost that Hades first hired was unreliable so he hired a bunch of skeletons to work the palace and keep it running smoothly. They did a fabulous job. The floors of the palace were shinier than my future.

The windows in the palace were so clear and clean that I could see the stress zit that was beginning to sprout on my forehead.

I may or may not have knocked the head off one skeleton maid, in my offense, they startled me and my reactions to fear are very strong. Hades fixed her by placing her head back on her neck bone and twisting it.

It...strangely was not the oddest thing I had seen in the Underworld.

No, no the oddest thing I have seen so far would be the four black horses standing in front of me with burning red eyes currently.

The four terrifying horses stood in their stalls, tall and gleaming. Two of them were eating one the other two were whining softly to get the skeleton stable workers to come to them.

I turned around, ignoring the odd horses just to be faced with even odder horses. Just to be encountered with something even creepier.

In front of me stood what I thought was the same as the type of terrifying horses as behind. I took a step closer and gaped in amazement, in front of me stood 3 skeleton horses that had a black coat glamour on them. I watched as the glamour dropped thanks to Hades and revealed skeleton horses with flaming blue hair and tails.

I don't know what was weirder the fact that their hair was flaming or the fact that they had no eyes—but yet they were staring directly at me.

I confidently walked up to the skeleton horse and scratched its skull, being cautious not to touch the flame. I strangely felt more comfortable rubbing this horse then I did the other terrifying ones.

The horse's head was smooth and hard and strangely didn't feel rough like I thought it would.

I held my hand out and formed a carrot and fed it to the horse, the horse nudged the carrot with its snout before eating it.

I watched in horror and fascination as the carrot chunks fell straight to ground after passing through the horse's mouth.

"Aww buddy I'm sorry, I didn't know," I said as I continued stroking its head. The horse neighed s nudged me again.