Chapter 4

"Zeus." Hades greeted coldly.

"Badman!" I hissed pointing at Zeus who looked at me, amused.

"What happened to babygirl?" Zeus asked as he came closer. He reeked of sex, sweat, and wine.

I wanted to vomit.

"Don't call her that." Mom hissed, before warning, "Don't come closer."

Mom's grip on me tighten and she went rigid. No doubt ready to pounce at a moment's notice.

Zeus stopped in his track and narrowed his eyes at Mom, "She's my spawn too."

"I don't give a Pegasus's ass." Mom snarled.

Their bickering faded away as I watched the butterfly flutter above. It was a bright red color and was singing.

"Pretty butterfly," I murmured. My finger followed the beautiful butterflies movement. It flew around our heads, occasionally hovering in certain spots.

"Lalalalalalallalalalala." I sang in perfect tune with the butterfly. "Butterfly, butterfly alalalalalalala!"

"You could try but the barriers will rip her apart," Hades said calmly. His words were directed to mom. Who was pissed, her racing heartbeat told me so.

It's because Hades and Zeus poopy pants were being rude.

"Kore stop singing," Zeus said. "What's wrong with her, why are her eyes dilated?"

"It's the effect of the pomegranate seeds. The nymph uses them as drugs." Hades explained, "They give hallucinations and a euphoric feeling."

"BUTTERFLY!" I squealed rolling out of my mommy's arms. I hit the ground with a loud thud. My head slammed against a rock, vibrating my brain and causing my skull to throb.

Well, that took a deadly turn.

Too bad I can't die!

"Kore!" I heard mommy cry out. I saw her concerned face appear in front of mine.

My brain felt as if it had been rattled and my vision blurred. All of a sudden there were five mom's.

"Woah, there five of youuuuuu."

"Kore, how many fingers?" Mom asked holding up twelve fingers.

"Woah! Multi fingeeerrrrrsss!!!"

Spot danced around my vision, it was slowly getting dark and I had the overwhelming to sleep.

Sleep would be so nice right now.

"I go to sleep."

"No! Kore don't close your eyes." My mommy pleaded.

I ignored her and closed them, fading away into a place of dreams.

-*-

I was slowly coming to my senses and everything felt sluggish. I had the overwhelming feeling of vomit.

Gods, what the hell happened?

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted at the light that shone brightly above me. "Can you turn the lights off? They're blinding." I said my voice hoarse. I was definitely in a hospital room of sorts.

My eyes roamed the white and black speckled ceiling for a few moments before I looked to the side where an IV was attached to my arm. No liquid was being pumped into my arm, but that wasn't what I found odd.

What I found odd was the fact that I was in a hospital in the first place.

I'm a Goddess, and we don't get injured easily.