*Chapter 12*

When I woke up the next morning Hades met me at my door with breakfast and a diamond. It wasn't in the shape of a crown, like I had on the other day, it was just a hunk of rock.

A pretty hunk of rock, it was a deep purple colored diamond that sparkled when it moved slightly. I bet if I sold it in the market I would make a pretty penny.

Speaking of crowns, Hades wore the crown I made him during dinner yesterday. The boys made fun of him and Hecate's eyes were wide with an emotion I couldn't quite understand. It made me happy that he kept it on for the rest of the day.

I wore my crown too and it was now resting on my bathroom counter.

I invited Hades into my room and gestured for him to sit in the couch in the corner, "Thanks for the diamond. It's gorgeous."

"Like yo-" He stopped speaking his eyes wide. A slight blush formed on his cheeks as he cleared his throat. "It reminded me of these pretty flowers that grow on Olympus so I thought you might like it."

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion at his stutter, was he going to say like you?

It sure sounded like it.

I nodded in understanding before giving a wave of my hand. A bundle of Jankaea heldreichii, the flower that Hades was talking about appeared in his lap.

"What brings you to my door this fine morning with a muffin and a diamond?" I asked as I took a bite of the chocolate muffin that was warm.

I moaned softly from the taste of it and went to take another bite. My cheeks bloomed red once I realized the sound I just made. It sounded very...sexual.

Way to embarrass your self, Kore! He's going to think your some weird freak with a food fetish.

Chocolate muffins are my absolute favorite. My mother would make them once a week, the taste of these muffins kinda reminded me of home.

This made me a little sad seeing as I wasn't home or going home anytime soon. The progress on finding my way out was...non-existent.

My mother hasn't returned any of my messages and Hermes is very tight-lipped when he comes back from mail delivery.

"Well...uh I kinda realized last night that I just left you on your own with no sense of direction or anything. Sorry." Hades said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay," I said with a smile.

"Anyways I thought I'd show you around, give you a tour. Maybe you get to meet Minthe."

"Who?" I asked as we began walking down the hall. I paused in my step as I remembered who Minthe was. "You want me to meet your girlfriend? Isn't she going to be, I don't know angry or jealous that you're hanging out with me?"

I learned about Minthe at dinner last night. Apparently, no one in the dinner group really likes her and from the way Hades talked about her, it didn't seem like he was too fond of her either.

"No. Despite what the others say Minthe isn't bad, shes just extra needy sometimes and sometimes possessive but it's okay." Haded said. "And she's not my girlfriend... we are just friends.

With benefits.

I, of course, didn't say this out loud.

"Oh? Well, then I can't wait to meet her." I said with a suppressed smile.

Lies.

I felt my stomach twist. Colorful flowers popped up at my feet meaning an assortment of things-most of them being jealous, confusion, and rage?