*Chapter 11*

After we all ensured that Hecate wasn't going to die from Anaphylaxis shock we sat down for dinner and I met Thanatos and Styx. Thanatos was surprisingly outgoing and happy, which for someone who deals with death and darkness I was not expecting.

I was expecting someone who was quiet, gloomy, and sad, not pleasantly talkative, bubbly, and happy. He also looked nothing like his brother, instead of brown curls he had black curls and dark grey eyes. His skin was pale but not as pale as Hades. Also unlike Hypnos, he had dark grey wings protruding from his back, similar to his nephew's.

Apparently, my knowledge of the Greek gods and goddess was limited, because as of today I had no clue that Styx is an actual goddess. Yeah, apparently the river is just named after her. However, the goddess Styx is the goddess of hate.

I guess there really is a god or goddess for everything.

Styx had red hair that reminded me of the red blood of mortals. Her white colored eyes made me squirm in my seat. It was like she could see into my soul and was judging me.

Which I doubt was possible...but then again she is a god.

All of us sat at a round table, which I thought was a little odd. I was expecting a square table where Hades sat at the head, kinda like in Olympus where Zeus sits at one head while Poseidon sits at the other.

All my expectations of the Underworld are turning out to be wrong. Everything is different to how they portray the underworld to be in books and movies.

Hades sat across from me with Morpheus to his left and Hypnos to his right. Next to Hypnos was Hecate then me, Styx and Thanatos.

"Hades prefers this style of dining so everybody can talk and see each other. Usually, there's one more person, we'll technically two Achilles and Patroclus. Usually just Achilles though." Styx whispered in my ear as she leaned over.

I nodded, "It's unique."

There was a bark from under the table, followed by a thud and movement of the table.

Hades shot Hecate a glare, "Your cat is disturbing my dog."

"Your dog is pestering my cat. Lena is well behaved, she would never disturb your ugly mutt." Hecate said.

"You mean the ugly mutt that you so dearly love?" Hades shot back.

"Oooohhh busted!" Thanatos said, his eyes wide.

I giggled and smiled. They even bicker like a family.

"I- I do not!" Hecate tried to defend herself but it was no use, everybody at the table was laughing and snickering. Even Morpheus, who has barely said anything since I have been here.

"Do too! You love that dog! If we didn't all have jobs to do you would cuddle that dog 24/7." Thanatos said. Hades nodded in agreement and took a sip of his wine.

Hecate rolled her eyes and changed the subject, "Where's the food? I'm starving."

"You're always starving, you witch," Hypnos mumbled as he leaned back in his chair, his fingers locked behind his head.

"Is today just attack Hecate day? Did I miss the invite?" Styx mused, glancing at the fuming Hecate.

"No! Today is no-"Hecate started.

"Food!" Hades said as the plates in front of each of us filled with food. The smell of steak, French fries, and green beans filled my nostrils and made me sigh. My mother was a vegetarian so we rarely ate meat at home. Little did my mother know I snuck out the house a couple of nights of each week and went to the town to have burgers, steak, and fish.