"That doesn't make it any better," Elena shook her head with a scoff. "Do you know who they are, Rory? They're Mikaelsons. Klaus' siblings—he tried to have us killed. Hell, Klaus did kill aunt Jenna. And now you're sleeping around with them?" Elena's eyes flashed in anger and malice. "You can't just go throwing yourself at the first person that's nice to you just because you're upset, Rory."

"Woah!" Damon quickly intervened, noticing how quickly the fight was beginning to escalate. Rory let out a shocked noise at her sister's harsh words, lip curling in fury. "Okay, I think we all need to just chill—"

"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena whipped around to face Damon, equally as furious with him as her sister.

Rory scoffed. "You think Rebekah had to compel her way into our pants?" Rory interjected. "Newsflash, Elena: Rebekah's hot and great in bed."

"You're both disgusting," Elena swallowed thickly. "She tried to kill me less than forty eight hours ago."

"I didn't know that," Rory responded. "And to be fair, you did shove a dagger through her back."

"Are you even listening to yourself right now?" Elena exclaimed. "So, this is how it's going to be? I hurt both your feelings, and this is how you lash out at me? You're still not over that Jeremy thing—"

"—This has nothing to do with you or with Jeremy," Rory said firmly. "I did it because I wanted to do it. I slept with Rebekah because I was attracted to her. I'm sorry that she tried to kill you, I didn't know. She just told me that you daggered her and that's it. It was in the heat of the moment, it won't happen again."

"That kiss didn't look like it meant nothing," Elena stated.

"Rebekah was just doing it to rile you up, Elena. It's what she does," Rory sighed.

"You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them," Elena retorted.

Rory's lips parted in shock at her words. "What?"

"Well, that's great! Klaus will finally be dead. We win," Damon shrugged. "Rory, why do you look like someone just shot a polar bear?"

Both Damon and Elena shifted to give her a pointed glance. Rory shoved her trembling hands into the pockets of her hoodie, swallowing the bile that rose up her throat. Esther is planning on killing her entire family. Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah... Kol. Sure, they had done questionable things... but the fate of one being the fate of all seemed a little dramatic. Where was the line drawn between good and evil? In a way, Rory could be considered a bad person. So could Damon. Stefan, definitely—he tried to kill her just to get Klaus' hybrids out of town.

"Oh no," Damon spoke up, cocking his head to the side. "You're feeling sorry for them, aren't you?"

"Rory," Elena gave her a warning look. "Don't do anything to screw this up."

"I-I just..." Rory shifted in a nervous manner. "You know, Elijah tried his hardest to keep me alive for the ritual, and Rebekah, she's kind of nice. Kol didn't do anything to hurt anybody, and—"

"—Don't tell me you're going to defend Klaus. Please don't tell me you're going to defend the man that murdered aunt Jenna and me," Elena intervened.

Rory swallowed thickly, knuckles tightening into fists. She finally said, "No, of course not," the lie felt bitter, poisonous and mean. "Of course, I wouldn't defend any of them. I was just... trying to reach some form of fairness, you know?" Rory gave her a small smile. "I, uh... guilty conscience, is all."