Book III-Chapter 95, Signs and Wonders, Red Carpet Walk -Los Angeles Part 2

Start from the beginning

Prince sat there dumbfounded. He could not believe the amazing review of their film. He jumped up and headed for the bedroom but ran into Bella in the hall on her way to find him. "Did you hear" she asked speaking of course of the review? "Yes...I don't believe it", Prince said as he picked her up and swung her around in several circles. They were both laughing and Prince finally put her down and said "let's get some coffee". When they got back to the kitchen Elaine and Carlos were coming in and the looks on their faces said they too had heard the review. "Praise the Creator" the two men said simultaneously as they bumped fists. Prince poured Bella a cup of coffee which she dressed herself and refreshed his own. Carlos and Elaine did the same. Ross, called Frank, as they needed to prepare for the onslaught that this new found mantle of fame would create. The 4 chatted and laughed and then returned to their rooms to dress. Prince told Bella of his intent to call Ray this morning. Even when he did so, he had no idea of how badly he would need him in the coming future days. He pulled out his phone and called Ray.

Ray's POV

Ray sat in his living room drinking a cup of coffee. He had just finished dressing his two middle children who were now playing with building blocks and a learn your letters game on the living room floor. He had turned on Cloud Stream and heard the marvelous review that the new film Another Chance had received. Ray was a true follower of the Royal Prince's music and made a mental note to take his wife to see the movie once it was released. Things were leveling out for them at home and they were becoming more comfortable with the routine. Their oldest boy had been released from the hospital and was now in a rehabilitation center for children in Bloomfield Hills. He was making steady progress both physically and with his speech. Ray had taken some of his CD's for him to play during his physical therapy and Prince's album had become a favorite of the boy's. Someday when he was older, he would also have to get him to see the movie. He knew that his son would like that very much. They visited him everyday, Ray went twice a day. The only thing that was missing now was a job that would pay well and keep his interest. As Ray stood up to head to the kitchen to refresh his coffee, his phone rang. "Ray Burgess" he said answering his cell phone as he reached the kitchen counter and set his cup down. "Good morning Ray Burgess. This is Royal Anderson and I have a business proposal that I would like to speak to you about". "The Royal Anderson", Ray asked? " Come on. Who is this really", he asked seconds later? Prince was surprised at the response...it seemed that Ray was familiar with him. "I really am Royal Prince Anderson and I really do want to speak to you about a career opportunity. Would you be available to meet today or tomorrow? I have to leave on Thursday for the West Coast Premier of the new film". "What time did you have in mind", Ray asked? "What would be best for you Ray. I know things are a little busy with the new baby and the therapy and all". Ray looked at his watch. It was 8:15 AM. He would take his wife to see Ray Jr. at 10:00 AM as her sister would watch the toddlers and the baby then. Then there was lunch for the two middle little ones. "Would 2:00 today work", Ray asked? "That will be fine". "Where will I be coming"? "I will meet you at the The Stork Club. Are you familiar with it"? "Of course", Ray said. "Alright see you then", Prince said as he disconnected the call. Prince liked the sound of this man even better than he had liked all that he had read of him and he had loved what he had read.

Ray stood there trying to take in all that he had just heard. He was going to meet the Royal Prince and that would have been a delight enough, but the man wanted to talk about working for him. What could he possibly want with a soldier like him? He looked at his watch and headed into the bedroom to tell his wife what had just happened. "What" she said...what? She could not believe what she was hearing. "What will you wear" his sweet wife had asked? " I don't know...maybe a suit"? "Yes definitely a suit. You are going to be meeting with one of the best dressers on earth," she said. He went into his closet and picked out a medium grey suit with a stark white shirt and a grey and lavender tie. He would also wear some grey loafers. He did not have many clothes that were not from the US military or jeans and casual shirts...but the ones he did were hot! His wife nodded her approval and went to the dresser drawer and pulled out a pair of charcoal grey and lavender socks. He laid out his clothes on the bed and they got ready to go see Ray Jr. He would be so excited to know that his dad was interviewing with the Royal Prince. The young couple changed diapers on the little ones and took the older toddler to the potty, kissed them goodbye telling them to listen to their aunt and to do what she asked . Her sister said" give Ray Jr. a hug for me". I will she said and they went into the garage, got into the aircar and headed to the rehab center.