Chapter 73 - Goodbye to You Both (Warm Blood Runs Cold)

Start from the beginning

    "Well, that's how I see it." The canine stood, walking over to his suitcase to change into his day clothes.

    Louis took more time getting out of bed, slowly getting out of it and getting dressed. "School still ends at the same time, no matter what."

    "Yeahh, but I'm more aware of the progress, I guess."

    "Haha. I can't wait to be back. I love our home. I just want to get back and get used to being home again."

    Legosi smiled. "Yeah...it smells nice there." He finished changing, shoving the rest of his stuff in the suitcase. "I hope our home after that will be as nice."

    "Me, too. Let's make sure there isn't anything...unwanted around the room."

    "Well, we put those towels in the laundry. Gosha's sense of smell won't pick up on it. And we packed away the lube..."

    "Okay, good." He grinned. "This is exactly what I want..."

    "What is?"

    "This kind of life. Simple and comfortable."

    Legosi's ears perked up. "Oh. Yeah. That's...everything I want."

    "We sort of have it, now!"

    "Well, I want to keep it. I'll protect it with all my strength." The wolf looked out ahead of him with an intense gaze.

    Louis grabbed his hand. "I know you will."

    All packed up, they made their way out. Gosha was out by the door, getting ready for work.

    The herbivore looked to his mate so Legosi could say goodbye first.

    Gosha looked up at them from under his hard hat. "Oh, good morning you two! I'm about to leave, so you'll have to fix your own breakfast before you go."

    Legosi shook his head. "We'll eat when we get home."

    They stood there silently, before Legosi approached, and Gosha closed the distance, wrapping his grandson up in a big hug.

    Louis felt quite sad they were leaving the lizard behind. This...also felt like home, sort of.

    "It was so good seeing you again, Legosi." Gosha's voice wavered.

    "It was good seeing you too, grandpa. I'll...I'll call you. I'll talk to you, okay? I'll be a part of your life again. I'm so sorry..."

    The lizard smiled. "It's alright. Do what's most comfortable for you. I love you."

    "I love you, too."

    Gosha pulled away and looked over at Louis, smiling. His eyes looked wet.

    "Gosha-san. Don't be sad. We'll be okay."

    "Heh, well don't blame an old man for worrying a bit." He sniffed, and he drew closer to Louis, enveloping him in his arms. The hug was tight, and despite Gosha being a reptile, it was soft and warm.

    The deer froze. No one, not even Oguma, especially not Oguma, had hugged him in such a fatherly way. It took him a moment, but eventually he slowly wrapped his arms around the dragon, sighing.

    "Thank you, Louis..."

    "What for?"

    "Bringing Legosi out of his shell. And, I'm sure he's done the same for you..."

    "He saved me so many times."

    "And he'll keep saving you. And you'll keep saving him. That's how relationships are kept." Gosha pulled back, smiling proudly.