The Wrath of the Fey~

Start from the beginning

"Hey, yeah." He whispers softly, cradling her to his chest.

Her glowing eyes widen slightly and then she lets out a small sigh. She leans her cheek against his chest and closes her eyes. "Hey." Alex croaks.

Carlos coughs on the ground, hawking up a mouthful of water. Hidan, Danny, Zetsu and Kakuzu disappear downstairs to retrieve Sarah. Itachi steps forward, hard charcoal eyes taking in Alex's broken form, and stops on the other side of Deidara. The blonde artist regards the Uchiha with a dirty look, but doesn't move when the Weasel lifts his hand to lightly touch Alex's forehead. Her skin is ice cold to the touch.

"Alright, lets get them home. They'll need several days to rest and heal." Danny announces as he strides back into the room. Hidan has Sarah carefully wrapped up in his arms, working hard not to touch any part of her skin. Only her eyes glow a bright, flame red, but according to Danny, her skin is still hot enough to melt through plastic.

"You're not leaving!" Carlos shakily shoves himself up off the floor and uses the wall for support. "You freaks cant' leave."

"Man, can I just fucking kill him and get it over with?" Hidan barks, pinning Carlos with his fuschia eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with your eyes, dude." Carlos flips him off. "They're pink."

Hidan snorts obnoxiously. "All better to kill you with, fucker."

"Come on. We're not killing anyone." Danny ushers Hidan towards the door, glaring at Carlos. "Leave my sisters alone."

Deidara's grip on Alex tightens a bit. He glares at her unconscious face, but his anger is not directed towards her. Briefly. his blue eyes flicker over to Itachi and they share a dark, almost sinister look. Itachi breaks the look first, to look at Alex and then to Daniel.

"I'm afraid I am not leaving, Daniel." His deep voice rumbles darkly, causing a small shiver to rip through the air. Everyone, except Deidara and the wounded, look to Itachi with wide eyes. "This man is going to feel their pain tenfold." His dark charcoal eyes flicker towards Carlos as he gestures to Alex.

"I am not leaving either." Sasori adds.

Pein glances over the girls and then looks to Konan and Daniel. "Take them home. Konan, help them heal and take Kakuzu with you. I will stay here and make sure they do not kill him." He only adds the latter to ease Daniel. With his cold, silver eyes and his impassive face, it's impossible to read his reaction to everything that's happened.

Konan nods.

Daniel glances back over the remaining people, eyes narrowed. But when they land on Carlos, they narrow into icy slits. Nodding, he twists towards the door and leads the troops outside. They all break into a run. Deidara leaps into the trees, followed closely by Kisame. The tree branches barely have enough time to shiver beneath their weight, before they are already flying through the air towards the next one. They reach the house in what seems like seconds.

"Shit!" Daniel slides to an abrupt stop. "The cops are back!"

Hidan lets out a small string of curses. Deidara simply grunts, shifts Alex in his arms so she doesn't fall, and peers through the branches. Daniel glances back, counting everyone's heads to make sure he wasn't missing someone, and then looks forward. The cop trails around the front of his house, holding the leash to a fearsome looking dog. Letting out a small huff, the brunette holds a hand back to the Akatsuki, silently telling them to stay put, and then surges forward. He leisurely strolls into the clearing, hands shoved into his pockets. The dog jerks around and lets out a feral growl. 

"You live here?" The cop calls, when Danny stops a few feet away.

"Go away." Daniel commands, lacing his voice with a soothing softness and staring straight into the man's eyes. It clicks. The suggestion implants itself in his mind and the cop blinks. Nodding slowly, he tugs slightly on the leash and starts down the driveway-towards his car. He's the only cop, thankfully, so all he has to do is help the dog inside and then pull out of the drive.

As soon as he is gone, Danny waves the Akatsuki on.

They pop out of the woods one by one, like little candies on a factory strip. Daniel leads them through the backdoor, which they had left open when they hastily departed, and they all pause in the family room. Hidan moves to the nearest wall and leans against it, slowly sliding down with Sarah in his arms. Konan rushes to them first, carefully avoiding contact with the burning girl as she examines her with her medical chakra.

"She has a laceration across her throat. It's been horribly stitched up, probably by that boy. She lost a lot of blood. Other than a broken left arm, she seems to have been unconscious most of the time." Konan sums up, allowing her chakra to mend the break in her arm.

"You don't really have to waste your chakra, Konan." Daniel smiles sheepishly, weakly. "They heal themselves. That's why their eyes are still glowing. They're using that energy and focusing it on their wounds. They should be completely healed within the next day or so."

Konan furrows her brows. "That sounds like medical ninjutsu."

He shakes his head. "It's like a self defense thing. In extreme cases, their elements completely take over and they focus entirely on the wounds. They're taking it slow because they haven't used their powers in a while."

Deidara sinks down onto the couch. He shifts so Alex's head is resting on his chest, her icy cold nose brushing against his neck. Konan moves to her, despite Daniel's claim, and examines her as well. "She has a really bad blow to the back of her head, several broken ribs, and her left knee is really fucked up."

Alice whimpers. Still in human form, she climbs out of Kisame's grasp and pads her way over to where Deidara sits with Alex. Her clutch on the cloak that is draped over her shoulders tightens. She crawls onto the couch and rests her head on Alex's lap, lips twisting into a painful grimace. Once the bullets were ripped out of her body, her skin knitted back into place and now she's completely fine. But her Alex isn't. Her Alex is still hurt.

Kisame frowns, lightly touching Alice's shoulder. He sits down on the floor in front of her, resting his chin on the edge of the couch cushion. Her gray eyes flicker towards him and they share a painful look.

Daniel walks into the kitchen.

And then walks right back out.

"What the hell happened to the counter?"