Book III-Chapter 91, Thanksgiving With Family

Start from the beginning

The flight had been uneventful with many reading, others playing cards and a few of the band members napping. When the flight landed in Chicago and pulled into the VIP area, Prince and Carlos helped the band unload their bags and instruments and did more fist bumping telling them they would see them in Detroit next week. They wished each other a happy holiday and then Prince, Carlos and their ladies went into the VIP terminal to greet their parents. Savannah saw them first and actually ran down the aisle to greet her son. "Hi baby" she said to Prince. He picked her up and swung her around saying "hi mom". Royal and Alejandro had grabbed their bags and were walking with Nita to where the four had stopped. Carlos grabbed the bags from his dad, set them down for a moment to hug both of his parents and then started back towards the plane. Bella and Elaine hugged both sets of parents and then Elaine and Nita were chattering in Spanish to each other while Bella and Savannah were walking toward the door with their arms linked. Royal and Prince brought up the rear with each of them carrying a bag. Their Security were in front and in back of the small procession. After stowing the bags and showing their boarding ID the 4 performers and Carlos and Prince's parents along with their Security boarded the flight and fastened their seat belts. The plane took to the air moments later and it seemed like only moments after that, landed at Detroit Metro airport. As they got off of the plane, Prince saw David and Jermaine leaning against the front door on each of the SUVs they were driving. Bella greeted her dad with a kiss on the cheek and she and Prince along Prince's parents and Frank and Ross got into David's SUV. Carlos and Elaine, Carlo's parents and and Larry and Melvin rode to Elaine's folks place. They would gather at David and Kendra's tomorrow, Thanksgiving day at 1:00 PM.

When Prince and Bella and their security had arrived at David and Kendra's house, both of the performers went in search of Bella's mom. Kendra smiled as her daughter entered the kitchen where she was busy with preparations for tomorrow's meal. She hugged both Prince and her daughter and said go get settled in and then join me if you want. "Are you hungry" she asked as they headed to Bella's room. " We ate on the plane" Bella answered. Kendra chuckled...that means they are hungry she thought. Ross said," I will be in to help as soon as I stow my bags Kendra". "Great" Kendra responded. Bella unpacked the bags knowing that she would need to repack with only the things that were to go to Mexico with them. She put the Mexico wardrobes back into the cases and set them in the closet of her room. She and Prince would check them again tomorrow before they went to bed. Right now the two of them bounded downstairs and back into the kitchen to help Bella's mom. Ross was already there and had been assigned to finish the Giblet gravy. Bella took on making the corn muffins and the rolls. Prince took the time to go into the dining room and check all of the desserts that were in glass serving dishes with lids on them. There they were...the Sweet Potato Pies.... 4 of them. Yum, he thought. There was also Lemon Meringue Pie, Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing. Coconut Cake and Dutch Apple Pie. He was a very happy camper. He went back into the kitchen and Kendra said without looking up..."so do you approve Prince?" He smiled but before he could answer she said..."I better not see any fingerprints in those Sweet Potato Pies". He smiled even more and said, "I was good Mom". Kendra laughed out loud. Once Bella had the corn muffins and rolls in the oven, she and Prince went into the dining room and put both of the leaves in the dining room table and put the lovely off white linen table cloth on it. They then spread out the gold lace over cloth on it as well. Bella then took the fine China out of the China Cabinet and she and Prince set the table formally for 16 with salad forks and dessert forks and spoons also. Once they were done they went back into the kitchen and Bella pulled the muffins and rolls out of the oven and set them on the side board to cool. She would put them into the bread baskets tonight with a cloth covering them. The turkey had a little longer to cook, the Duck was ready though and the Ham was beautiful with the pineapple rings dressing it along with cloves. Prince thought to himself, I might even taste a piece of that. Bella heard the thought and laughing out loud said "I know I will". Prince pinched her as he laughed. Ross told them to go visit with their family and he would finish up and put the food away for the evening. Bella and Prince went into the family room. Prince's phone was ringing as they walked in and he answered it to find his grandfather on the phone. They would be arriving at 10:00 AM tomorrow. Would he let David know so that he could pick them up? "I will let him know but I will pick you up" Prince said. "So glad you are coming", Prince said. His grandfather said" your grams cannot wait to see you". Prince knew that was code for his grandfather really wanted to see him too. He smiled as he disconnected the call and shared the message. David said" use one of the SUVs. Royal will be picking up your grandmother from Southfield at about that time too but he can take one of the other cars, probably the Corvette as your grandmother loves riding in it". So all was ready for the next day's dinner. Everyone but Ross settled into the family room and they talked and told family stories. After about 45 minutes, Bella went into the kitchen to find that Ross had put all the food away and washed up the dishes and had pulled out some chicken salad for them to snack on. As it turned out, everyone wanted some so Prince put the leaf in the table and they all sat down to plates of chicken salad, crackers and juice. After they finished, Prince helped Ross with the kitchen and Bella and her mother went up to her mother's room and visited for awhile. Bella filled her in on the rehearsal schedule and on the Premier party. All the parents and grandparents would be there for it. Bella's mom pulled out the dress that David had bought her for the Premier. It was lovely.