I could try every hour of every day to deny any and all feelings towards him, but it would never work. My mind suddenly wandered over to the fact that was indeed in a relationship that I wouldn't dare risking commitment for.

"These look great! We think y'all need to talk about some of the designs so that we could have the main 5 to start working with." Chris and I both nodded which caused everyone to get up and start on their way towards the door. Confusion fell over my face as I began to follow everyone only to be pulled back.

"They leaving so we can talk about the designs." I blushed out of embarrassment and went to go sit back down in my chair. Chris and I both sat in silence as we waited until everyone was out the door.

"They ain't even had to do all that cause we been came up with the five." I pursed my lips while running my hand over the designs. Once Chris didn't say anything, I looked up and he was doing his staring business again.

"Can you quit staring, damn weirdo." I mumbled the last part but I know he still heard with his big ole elf ears.

"Same ole Brooklyn." He shook his head and I scrunched up my face a brought my head back.

"Was I supposed to change in the span of a month?" My attitude has been on 110 lately and it was terrible. I never would snap on him like this but I guess the lord said I should and I will.

"Oh you bold now? Where that attitude come from babygirl?" I tucked my lips in and looked everywhere except for in his face. I could hear him chuckle and out of my side view, I saw him stroke his chin. If I looked in his eyes, something would happen that I know I would regret.

"Your 'babygirl' already some left the room sir." This time I looked directly into his face, I just wanted to see his jaw clench cause I knew this would trigger him. I sure was talking about the female who was sitting next to him upon my entrance. I wouldn't say jealous was at the tip of my tongue, but pettiness was definitely there.

"My babygirl sitting down across from me." I raised and eyebrow and looked around the room to see where that babygirl was. He let out a deep laugh before clearing his throat. He went back to his intimidating stare. I decided that it wouldn't hurt to challenge that, assert my dominance in the situation.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" He shrugged before standing up and walking closer to me

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" He shrugged before standing up and walking closer to me. I didn't know if I should start scooting back but my body remained still. My eyes followed him as he walked all the way to the other side of the table over near me.

Omniscient
"Why I gotta stop looking at you...you getting wet or sum?" Little did Chris know, that was exactly why. Brooklyn sat there, ready to risk it all with her ex lover. The thought of her boyfriend slowly leaving her mind as she looked at Chris.