Chapter 59- A fight to the death

Start from the beginning

"Ah...brother, how is Riki—"

BANG.

Blood, brains and shattered skull splattered up (y/n)'s arms and face. Vomit threatened to spill out of her stomach as she abruptly stood, arms stiffly held up. She didn't know what to say. To do. To feel. It was all so sudden and quick. Maybe she should comfort Hiro? But then again. The way he looked was terrifying. His eyes were empty. Head heavy and tilted to the side. The sniper in his hand disregarded and dragged along the floor. He slowly walked over to Rei's headless body, staring at what he had done. With a slow release of breath, Hiro then looked at all Rei's men. Standing there. Unarmed. Wide eyed.

"Leave." He said with a flat tone and when no one made a move he lifted Riki's sniper and growled. "Leave!"

They all glanced at one another and then left the room, not ready to die that day for a dead man.

"Hiro..." (y/n) didn't know what to say to him.

He flashed her a broken smile, "go. You need to finish what we started. Riki would want that."

(Y/n) carefully nodded her head and made a move to leave. But as she passed Hiro, she couldn't help but stop and wrap her arms around him. Her hug was tight and reassuring. All the warmth and comfort she could gather was put into the embrace. Hiro hugged her back, burying his face into her neck as his shoulders shook. She felt hot tears on her skin. At that very moment, Hiro felt like a fragile object that could break with a single touch. He was on the edge of despair, so close to falling into a never ending plummet. Then again. (Y/n) had no clue what to do. What if she said the wrong thing? So instead of using words, she held him tighter and soothingly stroked his back. She would never let go if it meant he wouldn't fall off the edge. This message was conveyed perfectly to Hiro. He felt unbelievable gratitude to (y/n). In his eyes she was the light at the end of the tunnel he had just entered. Maybe he should ask her to stay in his life. Just as Riki said.

With a smile he pulled away, eyes still full of tears and he allowed her to continue to the other room. He was soon alone with Rei's body. That man stopped being a brother the day he showed himself in Rome. Hiro had shot a complete stranger and he did not mind at all. Grunting, he crouched down. Watching the body, unblinking. It's done. He'll be sent to the deepest depths of hell. He and Riki are free of Rae. Their half brother. A man they once loved.

(Y/n) trailed into the unlit room, seeing Kaichi and the others standing around a couch. Riki's body was laid across it, a white cover draped over her. Sat beside her was Goro, his face grim, as Hajime placed a hand on his shoulder. A heavy sigh escaped Goro and he looked up at (y/n). She flashed him a small smile. 

"She was a good woman." (y/n) spoke up and everyone slowly nodded their heads.

Goro replied, "she was...now...let us get to the last work. She wouldn't want all her years of work to go to waste." 

"Too bad that's going to happen." A males voice. One that made (y/n) stomach drop and face instantly blanche, she didn't have enough time to react before she was grabbed and pulled against his chest. A gun pressed against the side of her head. Daichi. (y/n) could recognise his voice, his smell from anywhere. All of the guys shot to attention and glared at the silver haired male. He wore his crazed smile, with wide eyes and heavily breathed. A sickening feeling of him smelling (y/n)'s hair made her fight against his grip, but he crushed her against his chest. 

He growled, "you're not getting away from me this time." 

How stupid could (y/n) be? She remembered what Rea said. His words forgotten amongst the shock of the sudden shot to his head. He had a man in the other room.She wanted to kick herself.