chapter 45- attempted murder

(f/n) pushed the gear and gently stepped on the peddle. Yet through inexperience, the car flew backwards as (f/n) hadn't known she put it into reverse. Hiro almost fell and everyone abruptly rocked in their seats when the van reversed into a police car. The crash drew unwanted attention of the police force. 

(f/n) changed the gear again and stepped on it. Swerving around a corner and praying that no policeman saw the van leave. She sped down the road and sighed in relief when she finally gained complete control over the van. Smiling, (f/n) glanced at everyone at the van, "you guy's alright?" 

They all stared at her, bewildered and clinging to their tight seatbelts. One common thought ran through their minds, (f/n) was never driving again. 

Once they made it back to Hiro's place, Riki helped her brother into his own bed whilst the others gathered in the lounge. Jun found his place by the window, isolating himself from the others. Rain fell upon the outside world, rolling down the window he mindlessly stared out of. Each droplet engulfed the other and fell at a faster pace when it grew heavy. 

Everyone knew what it meant that the police found their storage house. There was someone who tipped them off. It could have been from one of their contractors, but it was only the angels who knew about the storage house. Yet no one wanted to believe that one of their own could have betrayed them. They were a family and family comes no where near betrayals and back stabbing. 

(f/n) absentmindedly turned on the radio as she draped herself over an arm chair and a formal voice of a woman droned out, "police force have made a tremendous discovery all thanks to a call from a civilian who does not wished to be named or interviewed. The vigilante group known as the angels, have been discovered to have a large storage house full of stolen art. Pieces that originated from all over the country have been identified and returned to those that were robbed. The recently stolen first artist statue, has been returned to the museum of art. Now a fully conducted search for the members will ensue-"

(f/n) abruptly turned off the radio and watched the men around her slump. Hajime leaned his forehead against Goro's shoulder, clearly frustrated. Yet Goro was too out of it to push the red head away.  

"So...what now?" (F/n) asked and sat up straight, trying to break the heavy silence that loomed over everyone's shoulders.

Goro rubbed the back of his neck before replying, "we go to your new estate and find whatever your grandfather had left you. However, it also seems that we have to keep a low profile for a while."  

Silence gripped them all again. The heavy question that danced at the end of everyone's tongue plagued the vigilante members. Who sold them out? (f/n) pulled her knees up to her chest when a shiver licked her spine. The room grew cold and the temperature bit at (f/n)'s skin. A soft blanket was suddenly placed over her shoulders and she looked back to see Jun staring at her. He retracted his hands with a blush upon his pale skin. Jun awkwardly tugged his lips back into a small smile and returned to his window  seat, unable to bare (f/n) unyielding gaze.  

Suddenly, Riki walked into the room with Hiro and casually informed, "we're going to the hospital to check out Hiro's shoulder. We'll be back soon." 

"Okay." (F/n) nodded and waved her hand in a polite farewell. Hiro meekly waved back and followed after his sister, ducking under the umbrella she pulled out. 

"I hate hospitals." Hajime grunted and peeled his head away from Goro's shoulder. "Something always bad happens to one of us in a hospital." 

~

Hiro didn't have to wait long to be seen. He sat down upon a bed, with his legs hanging over the edge,  and looked around his surroundings. Everything seemed so bland and clean. White walls and flooring, a colourless feature that brought a slight headache to the male's head. Riki hadn't joined him, instead she waited in the reception area. Her excuse being, she didn't want to see her own brother being a wimp. 

Hiro glanced at his shoulder. It was still purple with bruises and large from swelling. Stupidly, he decided to prod it and hissed when a sharp needle like pain spread across his shoulder. 

Suddenly, a doctor walked into the room and stiffly shut the door behind himself. He wore a normal uniform with a hazard mask covering his mouth and nose. The doctor also had a thin hat covering his hair. The only facial feature Hiro could see was his teal coloured eyes. 

"Let's see what shape your shoulder is in." The doctor awkwardly said and seemed unsure of his feet as he stepped closer to Hiro. 

The pinkette was struck by the sound of the doctors voice and asked, "have I met you before? your voice seems really familiar." 

The doctor suddenly applied pressure to Hiro's shoulder and the male cringed away from his hand. He read the name tag upon the doctors shirt and read 'Mr Willis'. The name wasn't familiar at all, yet something about the male before him seemed like he had met him before. If it weren't for the voice, then it would definitely be the eyes. It's not everyday you see the vibrant teal colourings. 

"It seems that this'll need to be numbed first." Mr Willis seemed a little too adamant and abrupt, as if he were a child playing doctor. He swiftly pulled out a prepared syringe with a clear liquid already within it. Hiro shifted nervously and resisted the urge to pull away from the doctor when he carefully placed a hand over Hiro's shoulder. The doctor continued, "one quick jab and then all the pain will go away." 

His grip on Hiro's shoulder tightened when he brought the tip of the needle closer to the males skin. Suddenly, Hiro made a move to rip his shoulder away, yet Mr Willis restricted his movement with a simple squeeze of his shoulder. 

"Don't move sir, we don't want your shoulder to be ruined. You have a pretty young woman waiting for you, don't you sir?" Something about his words seemed malicious and bitter.

Hiro stiffened and raised his eyebrows at Mr Willis, "what?" 

The doctor's eyes flared slightly and he froze up before he carefully said, "I'm referring to that woman who came here with you...anyway! I need to inject this into your shoulder to examine it." 

The doctor was too forceful. His whole demeanour set Hiro on edge. With rough hands, Mr Willis forced Hiro to stop squirming and moved to stab the needle into his skin. 

Suddenly the door opened and another doctor walked in. 

"Sorry I'm late, I had a run in with..." He trailed off when he caught site of Mr Willis holding Hiro down. "Who are you?" 

The aggressive doctor suddenly jumped into action and shoved past the newly arrived male. He ran like there were dogs at his heels. 

"Security!" the other doctor shouted and Hiro stared at the syringe that had been dropped on the floor. The glass body had shattered and the liquid inside was exposed to the open air of the world. It reacted with the oxygen within the air and fizzled and spat in a puddle of aggressive mystery. Yet Hiro knew that it wasn't a good sign.