chapter 53-Plagued thoughts

Sweat rolling down his cheek, Goro continued slamming his fists into the punching bag. His mind focused on where to hit next as he kept perfect form. RIght hook, left hook, uppercut. Punch after punch, Goro tried exercising away his thoughts. It weren't that they were filled with terrible burdens of negative influences. It was that he didn't know what to believe anymore. 

It all was too quick. 

First they were going to spend a day with (f/n) at the park. His stomach flipping at the news. Goro wanted to spend time with her and finally show (f/n) that he wasn't just an asshole. Then when they arrived, the police were waiting and wisked them away. At first he tried denying his gut, but finally gave in. She was a traitor to them and he was the first to voice it. But that was all twisted around in those last moments he saw those distant (e/c) eyes. 

With one final hit, Goro stepped back. Grabbing his water  bottle and chugging its contents. Dribbles of water trickled down his chin. He pulled the bottle away and huffed loudly as he heavily breathed in and out. It soothed his scratchy throat, rehydrating him to the point where he was ready to start punching again. Yet he pressed his back to the mirror on the far wall of the gym and slid down. His arms rested against his drawn up knees, his bottle dangling between two fingers. He groaned, tipping his head back as he closed his purple eyes. 

That guy (f/n) left with, he gave off a terrible vibe. They found him on top of her and for a moment Goro felt pure rage all over again. He kicked him off her, only to return to being angry at her. After all of that crying. After that Daichi chased her and pinned her to the floor. She left with him. 

Goro could not forget those eyes. (f/n) looked at them with such broken coldness that it took him aback for not just a moment, but for the days after. Images of her face repeated in his mind, flashing when he least expected it. He thought he could escape it in the gym. 

But all it did was bring back bitter memories. 

The first day he met (f/n) properly, training her in place of her pregnant friend. He didn't realise that that was the beginning of a long and difficult journey. Where he learnt the true meaning of wanting to be someones support. 

Wait. 

Goro perked up, his eyes widening at his thought process. Wanting to be someones support? 

It's true, he does want that but he didn't really face it until now. (f/n) had supported them all and fought as hard as she could to reach their level. She put her all into becoming an angel, pouring all her heart into it. 

To Goro that made her perfect. Every imperfection he saw has turned into little snippets of beauty. How foolish of him to not realise until this moment of time. He may have already recognised that he had feelings for (f/n), but he didn't realise the extent. 

In that gym, where no one knew him or even cared to know, he realised that he reached the inevitable end. Goro was reluctantly, yet whole heartedly in love with that damn artist. 

~

Jun tried finding ways to distract himself. First he tried reading. Then he tried sketching out a pattern. He even tried listening to music. Yet everything he did, reminded him of (f/n). Guilt tormented his twisting gut as he remembered how quick they were to think she betrayed them. He still could see her face, her beautiful face twisted with worry and sadness. 

Why was he so quick to think of her in such a bad way. She wasn't like that with him. In fact, when the park incident happened, (f/n) did not even have to hear the full story before she jumped to his rescue. A kind hearted artist, small and so very fragile, jumped in to his rescue. 

He stared out of the window, from his favourite spot in the living room. Hajime and Hiro were with him, flittering about like distant ghosts. Even though Jun was terrible at reading people, he could tell what they were thinking. In fact he knew every member of the angels were thinking of one thing. 

Her. 

She really did make an impact on them. From the beginning to the very end. 

Jun tried putting her to the back of his mind and jumped off the window ledge. His large frame gaining the attention of the two smaller men in the room. Nothing was said. Yet as Jun saw the sadness they shared between them all he opened his arms. Both Hiro and Hajime moved in for the hug and they stayed that way for a few moments. 

Yet the sudden bang of the front door bursting open drew them all apart as they rushed to see who it was. Goro swaggered in, his black hair slightly damp from sweat. He crossed his arms over his broad chest and smirked at them all. 

"Who's coming with me to pick (f/n) up?"