Chapter 38- going solo

It was dark, with the only light offered being the street lights that flickered every so often. A soft mist rolled over the streets and danced under the cold wind, biting at any exposed skin of the vigilante group. (f/n) tucked her hands under her arms and drew in a deep breath. Nerves clearly evident in her body and face. (f/n)'s breath clouded in front of her whilst she leaned her back on the van and looked up to the sky. It was the calm before the storm, she was sure of it. Suddenly the Van's back door slid open and revealed the four guys within. Jun was typing away at a computer with all types of gibberish on its screen. 

"Jun has shut down the security system, he's keeping it down but you only have twenty minuets before it comes back on." Hiro said as he handed the female a duffle bag of equipment. He then handed her a mask, "Keep this on at all times." 

"Will do." (f/n) placed the mask over her face and slung the duffle bag over one shoulder, with her head and other arm through it as well. She tightened the strap and the bag clung to her back, the strap uncomfortably pressing between her breasts. 

"Stay safe." Hajime spoke up and his head popped up behind Goro's shoulder. Holding up her thumb, (f/n) turned around and jogged down the street to their targets place. It was a large manor with a wall surrounding its boarders and (f/n) passed one final glance to the guys before climbing over the wall and out of their sight. 

Laid out before her was a large and empty garden. A statue stood in the centre, eerily lit up by small spotlights, and stared at (f/n) with its empty soulless eyes. A shiver ran through (f/n) and she kept close to the wall when she continued on. Coming up to the side of the manor, (f/n) saw a large tree that reached up to the second floor window. slowly she pulled off her leather gloves and tucked them in her pocket before rolling up the sleeves of her top.

"Right! I can do this." She whispered to herself and gave herself a running start before jumping up high to grab a branch. Grunting, (f/n) pulled herself up and moved to the next branch. The rough wood scratched her hand and exposed elbows, yet she ignored the discomfort and continued up the tree. Soon the window came into view, but the branch that was closest to it was very thin and weak. However, (f/n) was taught by the guys to always take a risk and cautiously slid along the thin branch. It bent and moved under her body, sending her heart into an uncontrolled race. If she was to fall then the plan is ruined before it really started. Reaching out a hand towards the open window, (f/n)'s fingertips grazed the surface. But the branch underneath her snapped and (f/n) yelped, grabbing onto the windowsill.  Boots scraping on the brickwork of the house, (f/n) squeezed her eyes shut whilst pulling herself up. It was a struggle to finally get through the window, yet (f/n) found herself in the house with relief coursing through her veins. Standing up, (f/n) scanned her surroundings and noticed that she was in a long hallway that was unlit by any lights. She pressed a finger to her ear, turning on the mic of the device that allowed her to speak to the guys. 

"I'm in the house." She whispered and waited for a response, yet none came. The only thing she could hear was the crackling sound of static. "Guys? Hello?....shit!" Suddenly, there was a deep voice coming from around the corner and the heavy steps revealed that it was a large man. (f/n) quickly hid in the shadows, waiting for the male to pass by. He was a large man dressed in a black suit and tie, with a two way radio transceiver. 

"My end is clear." He said into the device and stopped right in front of (f/n), stretching out his arms in the air. "Damn this job is boring."

(f/n) held her breath and didn't dare blink. The security guard was too close for comfort, his breathing audible. She didn't know what to do, because there was a chance he would find her if she stayed any longer. There was also the fact that she couldn't reach the guys, so she had no clue where she was going. With only a slight movement, the duffle bag (f/n) was holding scraped along the wall and the security guard looked directly at the female. Yet the darkness covered her, when she blended in with her black outfit and mask. 

"(f/n) *crackle* go down... hall *crackle* to...left." A faint interfered voice whispered in her ear and (f/n) held back her sigh of relief. Slowly she pulled out a small pebble, that Hajime had randomly handed her on their way over, and subtly threw it away from herself. The Guard spun around and checked it out, obviously buying the rouse and (f/n) kept her feet quiet as she made her way down the hallway to her left. Before her were wide double doors and she didn't hesitate to open them . But to her dismay, a large man was on the other side and spotted her standing there. He picked up his radio and without thinking , (f/n) kicked it out of his hand. She charged forward and the man swung his fist forward, but (f/n) ducked down and slammed her fist in his side. Yet the female didn't see his other hand clamping onto the back of her neck until he slammed her against the wall, face first. She groaned in pain and her held her arms behind her back, stopping her from all attacks. 

"Shit!" (f/n) cursed and struggled under the guards iron grip, which suddenly became firmer and more painful. A million thoughts processed at once in her mind, yet (f/n) was trying to clear her mind so she could remember Goro's training. What was the best thing to do when pinned against the wall.

"(f/n)...head *crackle* back in...nose!" Once again a signal got through to her ear piece and she immediately knew it was Goro. thrusting her head back, (f/n) slammed into the mans nose and a loud crack followed. The mans grip loosened and the female spun around, hitting her foot into his crotch. 

"Ah you bitch!" He hissed when he fell o his knees and (f/n) quickly grabbed his radio and sprinted away from him. The only thing guiding her was one worded directions from her poorly connected ear piece. Her solo mission, wasn't exactly going smoothly.