Chapter 35- a son has a duty

Jun had taken (f/n) on his motorbike to a large house that had a wall seperating its structure from the world. It was within a secluded area on the outskirts of the town and had a fresh type of air compared to the one in the central part of town. Trees, bushes and flowers were everywhere, gardens kept beautifully green and clean. (f/n) watched Jun walk up to the gates and pull out a key, unlocking the lock that kept them shut. His red eyes looked over to (f/n), silently asking her to follow him and she walked beside him heading towards the front door. Jun once again unlocked it with the key he had and he slowly inched his hand towards (f/n)'s. The female felt a sudden pressure and warmth on her hand and she noticed that Jun was tightly holding onto it. As to why he was doing this, she didn't know. Maybe Jun was nervous about something. Walking into the house was like moving back in time. Everything followed a Victorian theme and the pictures that hung up on the walls were different types of paintings. As the two walked down a hallway, (f/n) noticed one particular painting of a young boy with red eyes and dark brown hair. He held  stoic expression and had his hands placed neatly upon his lap. There was no doubt about it, that boy must have been Jun. The two soon made their way into a room at the end of the hallway and within it was a woman sitting on the floor, placing puzzle pieces together. She was a beautiful woman with long brown hair that held a natural and healthy gloss. Jewel flower pins kept her curled hair back and gave (f/n) a clear view of her face. The woman's skin looked soft and pale, not a wrinkle or blemish in sight, and her eyes were a molten gold colour. (f/n) watched her face contort as it held a focused look whilst she figured out the puzzle. By the way she was sitting on the floor, reminded the female of a child that was the symbol of sweet innocence. 

Jun dropped (f/n)'s hand and kneeled down in front of the woman, who lurched back slightly at the sudden view of the large male. However, her face lit up with a bright smile and she flung her arms around Jun. Yet not a sound came out of her. Jun pulled back and raised his hands so they were clearly seen by the woman, moving them in different signals. The woman responded with different hand gestures and a sudden realisation came to (f/n). She was deaf. Soon the woman widened her eyes at Jun's hands and snapped her attention to (f/n), Something that Jun had said must have surprised the woman. However, her face softened and she gestured for (f/n) to come over. 

"She is Hina...my mother." Jun grunted and (f/n) smiled widely at the woman whilst joining the two on the floor. Hina once again signed something to Jun and her turned to (f/n) once more, "Mother wants to know if you would like some tea?" (f/n) nodded a yes and Hina moved to get up, however Jun placed a hand on her shoulder and left the room to do the drinks. Left in silence, (f/n) raked her brain for her knowledge on sign. She had learnt some of it as a child yet that piece of knowledge was damaged by the accident. 

"my sign language isn't very good, I have forgotten quite a lot." (f/n) hesitantly signed and Hina brightened at (f/n)'s attempt at communication.

"It is fine" Hina was slow with her hand movements compared to those with Jun, probably being mindful of (f/n)'s inexperience. "you are very beautiful."

"I could say the same to you. You don't look a day older  than twenty."  (f/n) smiled and Hina released a small chirp, which was probably her laugh. 

"I'm forty years old...ended up a young mother."  She seemed to slow in hand movements and her eyes looked down at the puzzle she was working on. "sixteen was how old I was."

"How old is Jun?" 

"twenty four ."  Hina picked up a puzzle piece and placed it within the slowly growing portrait. raising her hands again she continued, "He looks like his father."

"Do you have any pictures?"  (f/n) was curious about Jun's past, maybe more than she did for the other guys. She had suspected it was because of how closed he was. Surely everyone who had met him would be curious as to why he was so quiet. However, Hina's response to her request was a simple shake of a head. Soon enough, Jun came back into the room with two mugs of tea and handed his mother one and (f/n) the other. Hina quickly signed something to Jun and he slowly nodded his head, grabbing a hold of (f/n)'s hand. Without saying a word, he pulled the artist up onto her feet and she firmly held her mug, so that the hot contents wouldn't spill anywhere. She didn't know what was going on or what Hina had said, but it lead Jun to take (f/n) up a flight of stairs and into a random room. It was dark and rather bland, with hardly any decoration apart from a large double bed and a wardrobe. Jun draped himself on the bed and stared at (f/n), who stood at the other end of the room awkwardly. 

"Is this your room?" (f/n) asked and held her arm, scanning over the large and practically emty space. Jun didn't answer and sat up, his eyes still on the female. "why am I here?" 

"mum wanted me to show you around." He said and (f/n) shook her head. 

"No, I mean here...in this house." (f/n) suddenly found herself on Jun's bed, being squeezed tightly in his arms. The quiet male buried his face in her hair and was engulfed by a sense of relief. He had been wanting to hold her like this for a long time. But the sweet moment was ruined when (f/n) pushed him off of her.  "Jun let go of me!"  

The male was dazed and confused when she scrambled back, hitting the headboard. He cocked his head to the side, "what's wrong." 

"You guys have no restraint! I am just being passed and pulled around and I'm sick of it! Kissing me...hugging me...saying weird things." She suddenly burst out with emotion and Jun was taken aback. He opened his mouth but (f/n) interrupted him again. "I bet you aren't that innocent! What was that hug gonna turn into! Why did you bring me to you room when your mother told you to show me around!"

"(f/n)-"

"what am I to you Jun! Who are you! I hardly know anything about you! what do you want with me? why do you want the mask? why don't you have any pictures of you father?" 

Jun crashed a fist down onto the bedside table, silencing (f/n). His normally calm face was red and his eyes were wide. (f/n) instantly regretted her choice of words when she noticed his heavy breathing. silently, he opened his mouth yet no words came out. Sweat formed on his brow and he held his head in his hands. Shoulders shaking, heart pounding, Jun didn't know what to do with himself and the burning hot emotion that laid under his skin. He tried moving his mouth but nothing came. Jun wanted to shout, to scream his words at (f/n but there was something blocking it. the invisible wall had always been there, ever since he was a child, but Jun wanted to destroy it for once in his life. His eyes trailed over to (f/n) and he saw her terrified frame. His outburst really shook her up. 

"I...I am Jun Mikawa...my mother is Hina Mikawa." Jun choked out and continued to hold his head, rocking back and forth slightly. "Father Bato Mikawa...deceased." Gasping, Jun really couldn't say anymore and felt his emotions overwhelm him.  Something wet trailed own his cheeks and he tasted salt upon his tongue when a droplet made its way to his mouth. 

"Jun." (f/n) muttered and softly laid a hand on his head. Her action made Jun freeze and he slowly looked up at her. "I'm sorry...you don't have to tell me anything. I was just over reacting."  Suddenly Jun jumped off the bed and yanked open a draw underneath his wardrobe. Scooping out a large leather bound book, that looked worn down and old. He placed it in (f/n)'s hands and wiped his eyes. 

"writing is better than speaking." He muttered and (f/n) slowly stood up on the bed. Even then, she was only eye level with Jun, who was standing on the ground. Softly, she cupped his cheeks and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead. Jun closed his eyes  "Mother wants you to stay the night." 

"Okay." (f/n) sighed and softly smiled down at Jun.