Chapter 27- Hajime's story

Hajime stared out of the car window in silence, his mind wandering back to the past which he wished he didn't have. He knew  that all of the guys in the vigilante didn't really have the best childhood, but he wanted to be selfish just for one moment and wallow in self pity. He hated his heritage, he hated his family even though he still loved them deeply. But if it wasn't for his genealogy, then he wouldn't be in this mess. For a while he was alright, no problems and his condition seemed to have calmed down...almost forgotten. The illness however didn't like the idea of not being the number one thing in his mind and suddenly came back.

"You sure about this?" Hiro suddenly asked, pulling Hajime out of his train of thought. "You just got out of hospital and...well...this isn't exactly the most happiest place to go to."

"My mother won't come here, I am the only person who still visits him." Hajime said in a sad voice and Hiro finally pulled up on the side of a road, a large cemetery lay before them, Barron of any life and smiles. It was eerily quiet and the two men walked along a stone path that avoided stepping over people's graves. The red haired male knew where the particular grave was, he had visited it enough times to even find it blindfolded. Maybe this place wasn't the best area for him to visit straight after he was allowed out of the hospital, but someone needed to visit the grave on Christmas Eve.

"Why didn't you ask Goro to come? Aren't you two closer?" Hiro questioned and stopped walking when Hajime stared at a particular grave. His brown eyes watching the tombstone that held the familiar name.

"Yeah we are closer but...he's round (f/n)'s house." Hajime kneeled down and placed a bouquet of roses against the tombstone and released a detached sigh. "I must admit, I'm jealous of you Hiro. You were the one she forgave directly, the rest of us are just assuming it's the same for us. I tried talking to her but...it must have been something I said-- I was never good with words." Hajime glanced over to Hiro and smiled sadly at him, "I care for her a great deal. She still cared about me even though she hated me. A kind...beautiful woman...cared about me. But like most people...she left."

"Hajime. Tell her why you need the money." Hiro placed a hand on the males shoulder and then kneeled down next to him. "I'm sure he would want you to be happy and I am most definitely sure (f/n) will make you happy...like she has done with us all."

"Y-yeah...okay...thanks Hiro." Hajime smiled a little more and returned his attention to the grave, placing his hands together in a silent prayer. "Hi dad...sorry I haven't visited in a while."

~

(F/n) happily smiled as she watched the cookies bake. It was only her and Goro in the apartment since Daichi left for food shopping, but Goro was nowhere to be seen for a while. The Christmasy female cheered in excitement when the alarm rung out and she grabbed a kitchen towel to pick up the tray once she opened the oven door. A burst of heat hit her face and she closed her eyes, almost dropping the tray of cookies. However, when she felt the tray dip she unconsciously held out her unprotected hand and the tips of her fingers touched the hot metal. (F/n) yelped at the pain of her rising burns and slammed the tray down on the kitchen counter whilst pushing her fingers close to her body. Shouting out every curse she knew, the female squeezed her eyes shut and didn't hear the approaching male. That was until he roughly grabbed her wrist and held her fingers under the tap, that was spilling out cold water.

"You're an idiot." Goro sighed and (f/n) opened her eyes whilst smiling at the black haired brute. He saw her face and quickly looked away, a slight tint on his cheeks. "How am I supposed to sleep at night when I know you can't look after yourself alone."

"Pffff you can't stand me, so I'm sure you'll sleep like a rock." (F/n) chuckled and Goro pulled her hand away from the running water, turning it off in the process. His lips thinned into a straight line and his eyes narrowed down at the female, just by the way he looked at her made goosebumps rise underneath her clothes. He didn't let go of her wrist and released a sharp sigh through his nose.