Chapter 59- A fight to the death

Goro laid Riki down on an old couch. Her blood already staining the cream fabric into a dark crimson. She heavily breathed, eyes unfocused as a whimper unwillingly escaped her. Riki was dying. They all knew that. At this point she needed an ambulance, and fast. Goro fished his phone out of his pocket, but Riki weakly placed her hand on his and shook her head.

She whispered, "no ambulance...the police are after you and I am an assassin...it will not end well."

"Don't be an idiot! You're dying." Goro moved to dial the emergency number and with her last bit of strength, Riki grabbed the phone and threw it onto the concrete wall. "Why would you do that!"

"Go help (y/n) and bring Hiro here...please." Riki could barely keep her eyes open and Goro realised that she was ready to say her goodbyes. His heart twisted as his stomach plummeted. Throat tightening and eyes prickling. He knew Riki since she was young. He worked for her. They even shared a bed, spending the night together all those years ago. She wasn't the love of his life. But she still had a special place in his memories. With the growing understanding that she was not going to make it, Goro leaned down and kissed her head. He pulled away, placing a hand on her cheek and finally left to get Hiro.

The pinkette was immediately by Riki's side. He sat down on the edge of couch, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. His voice wobbled as he choked out, "I hear you broke Goro's phone...you always were a stubborn one."

"It's not stubbornness, it's common sense." Flashing him a feeble smile, Riki grabbed his hand and kissed it. "You be careful now, I won't be around to fix your problems."

Tears rolled down Hiro's cheeks as he curled in on himself and squeezed his eyes shut. He shook his head. Not wanting to believe Riki was about to leave him. His sister. His annoying, stubborn baby sister.

She spoke once more, "Hiro...please look at me."

It took a few attempts, but he finally did. Her face was dangerously pale and eyes becoming more and more distant.

"Riki, I am so sorry. I should have protected you more. I'm your big brother and I let you walk into danger. It's all my fault...please forgive me." Hiro tried wiping away the flowing tears, accidentally wiping blood on his face. "You always refused my help, even when you were a child. I just wish you let me help you more."

Riki drew in a shallow breath as her own tears trailed out of her eyes.

"You was and always will be my brother. I just wanted to make mum and dad proud. But most of all...I wanted to make you proud. You were this amazingly confident guy, that everyone looked up to and I used to be a quiet and clumsy child. I wanted to match you. In the end it just turned into a competition between you vigilante group and my assassins. But know this Hiro, I love you very much. I've never said it. But I really do love you. Don't blame yourself for what Rei has done. I want you to move on. To live life. Find a wife and settle down. Raise some kids that their aunt Riki would be proud of. Smile, enjoy life. Tell (y/n) you want her in your life, your feelings for her are so painfully obvious. Don't mourn me...celebrate my life." Her voice became slurred and trembling muscles slowly relaxed. "I'll be watching over you always...I promise."

Those was her last words. Her body went limp and her head fell to the side. Hiro stared at her, muttering No's, before erupting into wails as he cradled her in his arms. Rocking back and forth. Blood staining his shirt.

From the other room, (y/n) could hear this and she instantly knew Riki was gone. Her heart wrenched in her chest. She soon made a decision. Rei will die. As she mustard all the strength she had to take a life, the wails stopped and Hiro stumbled out the room. He was covered in blood and trails of tears stained his face. In his hand was Riki's sniper. His face twisted with grief and rage.