Chapter 23- goodbye my friend

All he could see was the never ending field of black, his senses completely numb and unable to hear anything. It was silent and the male couldn't process what was happening. Suddenly he heard a muffled noise and a tingling sensation spread across his body, his eyes still unable to open. The male could finally smell, hear and feel his surroundings. But something was wrong. He could smell the all too familiar scent of a hospital and the sound of people walking and the beeping of machines filled his ears. The male suddenly felt something holding his hand, warmth spreading into his limb. "Hajime why didn't you tell me about this?" The voice was soft and soothing, clearly female. "Yes I'm annoyed at you and the others but...you're still human and I can't help but worry." Hajime felt his heavy eyes slowly open and there he saw (f/n) haunched over and holding his hand in her own, she was looking down and didn't notice his now open eyes. Without realising it, Hajime whispered the females name making her snap her gaze at his worn out face.

"I thought you were angry at me." He muttered and his eyes were half closed, his body incredibly weak.

"I am. I'm angry at you all and I am in no state to say I forgive you guys. But when I saw you on the floor, gasping for breath I..." (f/n) looked away biting her lip and blinking rapidly to keep the tears back. "Despite the fact that you wanted me just for the mask, you still cared for me. Remember that time in front of the mirror, you said that I should never be ashamed of the woman I am. That changed my view on things and...well I thought of you as a close and dear friend. What I'm trying to say is that once I form a bond with someone it's hard to...fully turn my back on them."

"Where did you even get the idea that we were using you?" Hajime cocked his head to the side and his hand gripped onto the females when she tried to pull it back. "Please tell me. It was all very random."

"Kei had told me that I am the map to finding the mask, which is practically the key to finding an endless amount of wealth. That every thief and assassin were looking for me, so that of course got me thinking that you're using me to get that wealth. There is also the fact that you all have put a stop to my normal life, I had a job and friends and my own home. But what the vigilante had done was take me away from my home, completely loosing contact of my friends and stopped me from going to work." (F/n) stood up and released a loud sigh. "I'm sorry Hajime. Get well soon." The female pulled her hand out of hajime's grip and turned her back to the male, readying herself to leave and shrugging on her coat.

"(F/n) wait...we all have our reasons. Me, Jun, Hiro and Goro.." Hajime sat himself up on wobbly arms and winced as a sharp pain seeped into his head.

"Hiro has no need for extra money, he's already rich." (F/n) sneered and took a step away only for her wrist to be grabbed by a weak hand. "Hajime let go of me."

"True Hiro is rich, but you must realise by now that him and his sister have always been after their fathers approval. Hiro thought that maybe if he finds the item his father had been searching for, he will gain his old man's approval." Hajime said through gritted teeth, trying to ignore the pain now growing in his chest. "Like I said, we all have our reasons but everything changed. You grew on us, we really do think of you as a wonderful friend."

"Tell the others that I said bye." (F/n) yanked her hand out of hajime's grip and left the room. The male stared at the direction she left in and held a hand to his chest, the burning sensation of pain coursing through his veins. His chest tightened  whilst his throat closed up. The male gasped out and fell out of his bed, hyperventilating and beads of sweat dropped from his brow.

"Shit!" He wheezed and tried reaching for the emergency button, but his arm completely failed on him and he lost all strength in his muscles. His mind reeled back to his past, a males voice kept on repeating the sentence "we must stay positive."

~

It was actually confirmed, they were all using her. (F/n) tugged on her coat and crossed her arms over her chest, the cold biting at her red cheeks. Her boots stomping against the street broke the silence hanging in the air, the females eyes were set on the floor and she felt a large weight on her shoulders. We all have our reasons. What could Hajime possibly mean, there was no possible reason to excuse it all. The only excuse she was offered was that Hiro wants his fathers approval, she wasn't informed of the rest. Suddenly she heard shouting and her (e/c) orbs trailed up from the floor only to see a woman shouting at someone in a parked car. The woman had tears rolling down her cheeks and a baby was screaming in the back of the car. "You can't just leave me out here to walk on my own!" She screamed at the person in the car, the babies scream grew louder. "I'm not letting you take the baby!"

"I'm just gonna drive me and the baby home! He's safe with me!" Whoever was in the car sounded like a guy and he was obviously angry as well. "Just walk home, I'm tired of having you nagging in my ear whilst I'm driving!" He suddenly drove off at a high speed and the woman in front of (f/n) ran a hand through her hair, loudly sobbing.

"Leonard you bastard!" The female buried her face in her hands and her shoulders shook. (F/n) couldn't believe herself, she was watching the whole time and didn't realise it was her old friends in front of her.

"Sarah?" She took a step forward and the crying female spun around with wide eyes. Her mouth was open with a gasp and she stared at her old friend. "Are you okay?"

"Okay...how could I possibly be okay!" Sarah suddenly turned from being sad to a red eyed beast. The female stomped towards the one person she had both been missing and hating, her lips pulled back in a snarl whilst her hand lifted up to hit (f/n), but she stopped half way. "Where have you been!? You just left me in a time when I needed you most!"

"Sarah...I'm sorry."

"What so no explanation!" Sarah glared at the female before her and let her hand drop to her side in a limp state.

"Look I know you need an explinatio-"

"What I need is a good friend." There was a fire in her emerald green eyes that burned straight through (f/n), but the rest of her body looked weak and limp. "You left me alone (f/n)...you wasn't there for me when I needed you the most. Well...in all honesty I still need someone to be there for me."

"I'm so so so sorry Sarah." F/n's voice quivered whilst tears blurred her vision. "I know I haven't been a good friend. I can't excuse myself for disappearing, but I'm here now and I want to make everything right."

"I would have given anything to hear that two months ago...but now...I'm done." Sarah wiped her tears away and lifted her chin in the air. "If I have gotten this far on my own then I can go all the way without you. It seems that I am the only person I can rely on."

"No please Sarah! I can't say anything else other than sorry!"

"I know that." Sarah muttered and left (f/n) on her own. The females tears were uncontrollable and she tried to quieten down her sobs. It was lucky that there wasn't a single person outside to see or hear her crying.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry!" (F/n) kept on repeating in between whimpers, almost expecting Sarah to hear her words. But her old friend was nowhere to be seen and the female was left alone with her vicious guilt. "I'm so sorry Sarah."'