Chapter 47- Walking on thin ice

Sorry for the long wait! Please forgive me 🙏🏻❤️

Her eyes were weighed down with a lingering fatigue, yet (f/n) opened them and saw her TV was turned off and the world outside was dark. The artist could feel the warmth and softness of another body underneath her. Slowly, the dazed spell of waking up fluttered away and she was fully aware of her surroundings. (f/n) completely froze up when she realised that  she was snuggled up to Daichi, with her body practically on top of his. A slow and steady heartbeat thrummed beneath her ear from his chest, which her head was resting upon. Daichi's arm was wrapped around her waist, holding her close to his body. His grip tight even though sleep had claimed him. A soft snore escaped his slightly parted lips and (f/n) looked up at his face.

Eyelashes long and soft, his hair silvery and silky. His skin pale and blemish free. Strangely, at that very moment (f/n) felt heat rise to her cheeks and she carefully brought her hand up to his hair. A lock of it was in his face and she pushed it aside, gently smoothing it down. Daichi shifted slightly, releasing a sleepy groan and (f/n) snatched her hand away whilst she grew even more flustered.

A sudden meow grabbed (f/n)'s attention and she caught sight of her cat sitting on the coffee table in front of the sofa they were sleeping upon. Shiro stared at her with big blue eyes and flicked his tail. Once again the feline meowed and jumped off the coffee table, bounding towards his empty bowl.

(f/n) slowly pushed Daichi's arm off of her and tried not to wake him up as she hesitantly got off the sofa. She tiptoed over to Shiro's bowl and grabbed it glancing over to Daichi before slinking into the kitchen. Shiro followed her, watching his human tip wet food into his bowl and once again followed her back into the living room. Quietly, (f/n) placed the bowl down and watched Shiro happily eat.

"(f/n)?" A deep husky voice mumbled and (f/n) snapped her head towards Daichi. He rubbed his eyes whilst sitting up and stretched his long arms. A long yawn came from the male and he continued, "where are you going?"

rubbing her arm, (f/n) gently smiled at her friend and answered, "I just fed Shiro and was planning on sleeping in my own bed."

"Can I join you?" Daichi blatantly asked and (f/n) feircly shook her head. The male cocked his head to the side, still half asleep with his eyelids drooping over his orbs. He ran a hand through his messy hair and didn't try to argue with (f/n). Instead, he laid back down on the sofa and pulled a blanket over himself. "Night Night (f/n)."

"Night, Daichi." (f/n) softly smiled and made her way into her own room and bed.

~

The early morning sun warmed Hiro's face as he walked out of the police station. He hated that place, yet he had to place a statement for the Hospital incident. The Pinkette could still feel the strangers grip upon his injured shoulder and the bruising around it throbbed at the memory. Wincing, Hiro placed a hand on his aching limb and carried on walking forwards. Riki was supposed to be picking him up, yet he couldn't find her anywhere.

A car door slamming shut broke the quiet morning air and Hiro glanced over in the direction it came from. With a flash of blue, Hiro recognised the familiar appearance of the male who bore no optimistic expressions upon his face. The familiar golden eyes locked onto Hiro and the male stopped walking completely, facing Hiro with his hands tucked away in his coat pockets.

"Michi? Why're you here?" Hiro asked and the azure male averted his gaze.

"The police wish to question me, luckily they gave me the option to come in myself rather than be transported here in the back of a police car." Michi sighed and gingerly looked up to Hiro once more. The vigilante member felt an unease settle within the pit of his stomach and lost all warmth within his features. However, Michi rubbed the back of his neck before saying, "don't worry...I won't tell them anything."

"Thanks Michi, the angels will be grateful-"

"Don't get me wrong, I said I wouldn't tell them anything because I am sure I won't get done for anything." Michi interrupted Hiro and brushed past him, stopping at the door of the police station whilst glancing over his shoulder, "but if I get into any kind of shit...then my mouth will not be sealed shut. I'm not afraid of death, not since my fiancé died, so your sister can kill me whenever she wants but you and your friends will be behind bars."

Hiro felt like he was thrown into cold water and spun around, only to find that Michi was inside the police station already. A million of jumbled thoughts ran through his mind all at once and he felt his hands shake within his pockets. Everything that Hiro has built and worked for could come crashing down if Michi was to identify each vigilante member. He could lose his freedom. His friends...no his brothers, his family could lose it as well. Goro would hate being told what to do, having no power against the wardens within prison. Jun wouldn't be able to survive, he would never fight back against the prisoners, who would probably want to start a fight, as well as Hajime. Sweet little Hajime. What would they do to him in there? How would he be able to support his mother? Would his condition worsen?

Hiro slapped a hand over his mouth as a nauseous feeling welled up inside him. He felt like he was going to be sick. Suddenly, another terrible realisation came to mind.

(f/n).

Michi saw (f/n) with them. He viewed her as another member of the team. She would be trapped behind bars alone. Hiro would have Goro, Hajime and Jun. Yet (f/n) would be sent to an all women's prison, isolated and without anyone to rely on. He dragged her into this mess. Forced her to join in the beginning of their crazy journey.

Hiro knew that at that very moment, he was walking on thin ice.