Chapter 31- masks mean more.

What Aneko said, was most certainly true. She didn't joke around when it came to her job. (F/n) had been shouted at, glared at and even pulled around by the professional. But as she walked out of her bedroom, with her hair pinned up and light make up on her face, it all seemed worth it. Aneko crossed her arms and proudly smirked at her work.

"Can't I just have my hair down?" (F/n) sighed and played with the necklace Daichi had given her.

"Nope. With your hair up, the main focus is your eyes. I must admit they are you best feature." She flicked (f/n)'s forehead and smiled at the female. "You look absolutely beautiful." Daichi clenched his hands into tight fists upon hearing those words and seeing all of (f/n)'s attention on Aneko. The white haired female just really got under his skin without her even realising it. Well, there was also the fact that it was nearly time for (f/n) to leave and that put him on edge. Suddenly a loud knock came from the front door and Aneko squealed before running to open it. When she did so Hiro stepped inside with a bouquet of flowers, wearing a black suit and a dark blue fox mask with silver accents. He gave        Aneko a smile in greeting and then his pink eyes landed on (f/n). His mouth was held agape as he took in the sight.

"Take a picture, because you're never gonna see me dress up like this again." (F/n) laughed and Hiro slowly handed her the bouquet, his eyes unable to rip themselves away from the female. "Aneko, do you have my mask?"

"Oh yeah, here you go." Aneko quickly grabbed a box and pulled out a (f/c) fox mask, a more feminine version of Hiro's. Daichi once again tensed up, not liking the sight of Hiro and (f/n)'a matching masks. He needed some kind of way to keep an eye on her, because he was pretty damn sure that men would try and make a move.

"It's time to go to the ball Cinderella!" Hiro happily said and graciously held out his arm for (f/n) to hold onto. The female smiled warmly as she snaked an arm around his and the two set off out of the apartment. Daichi was left alone with Aneko, but he didn't waste any time to go to his room and rummage through his wardrobe.

~

(F/n) patiently sat in the car whilst Hiro blabbered on about random things, the conversation even turned to politics which made the females head explode. However, when she thought that the journey would never end, the car stopped outside a large Manor House. Lights lit up its body and front garden, as a sea of people flowed into the front entrance. Chauffeurs elegantly bowed to each guest as the received the key to their car before straightening themselves and turn towards the car they needed to park. (F/n) slid out the car after Hiro's driver opened up the door for her and the female linked arms with Hiro. She quickly threw a thank you over to the driver and the male tipped his hat in recognition. Even from the outside she could hear the chattering, laughing and the distant sound of a instrumental band playing within the Manors main hall. With a deep breath, (f/n) stepped forward and the two proceeded to walk towards the front door. Puffy skirts, heavy with lacing and decoration, scraped her body and the occasional shoulder nudged her into Hiro. The female did not like the situation she was in at all. Just being surrounded by silks and expensive jewellery, whilst the trained eyes of many stared at her, just made (f/n) nervous. Finally the two made it to the door and a large bouncer stopped them both, his large hand gripped onto a clipboard of names as he held the other out in a silent command.

"Names." He demanded in a low and deep voice. (F/n) could have sworn the ground shook at such a threatening tone.

"Hiro Hakazami and (f/n) (l/n)." Hiro replied, completely unfazed by the bouncers cold gaze. He smiled at the large male and walked past him, practically dragging (f/n) along. The music grew louder with each step and Hiro walked down the halls with a familiarity in his movements, it was quite obvious that he never forgot his way around the house. He soon stopped outside a set of large doors, the music was now so loud the band could have been playing it right in front of them. But being this close to the hall also meant (f/n) could hear the guests on the other side. She wouldn't be lying if she were to say that she felt rather threatened by them. "Ready?" Hiro pulled the female out of her daze and she cautiously looked up. The only features she could see on his face was his mouth and eyes, both perfectly fixed on her direction. The dark blue fox mask complemented every feature she could see and it perfectly suited his personality.