Chapter 26- Christmas cheer

It was finally here, Christmas! (F/n) ran around her apartment, yelling Christmas lyrics and waving her arms around. Shiro had hid underneath the coffee table, pushing down his ears in a feeble attempt to ignore his humans loud overexcited noises. The female couldn't contain her excitement and burst into the guest bedroom, seeing Daichi sitting up with his eyes half open. (F/n) flung herself onto the bed squealing and rolling around, making Daichi groan. He a ran a hand through his messy hair and stared down at the female with a small smile. "Daichi it's christmaaaaas!" She suddenly pounced on the male and pinned him down onto the bed, squealing once again. "It's Christmas! It's Christmas!"

"I know! You've alerted the whole world by now." He chuckled and realised the position they were in. The male blushed noticing how (f/n) was pinning him down onto the bed and straddled him. "You can get off now!"

"Nope! You need to be just as excited as me to get your freedom!" She leaned in and smiled widely at the male. Daichi used all of his willpower not to look down due to the fact that she was wearing one of his shirts which hung loosely around the neck. "Come on! Where is your Christmas spirit!" Suddenly she felt a pair of strong arms grab her waist and found herself pressed against the bed with Daichi on top. There was moment of silence but that was quickly shattered due to the pair laughing together.

"You're awfully excited despite the fact that it's only Christmas Eve." Daichi sighed and rolled off of (f/n), only to feel her snuggle up to him. The male looked down and saw his childhood friend curled up into a ball, just like a cat.

"Yeah well today we need to do some Christmas decorating. I didn't really get the time to do so at the beginning of December." (F/n) looked up at Daichi and saw him smiling down at her, his eyes held a certain kind of warmth and softness, which he really didn't show to anyone but (f/n). One of his hands gently played with her hair and he wrapped an arm around her small frame.

"Can we do that later? I'm rather comfortable right now." He whispered and placed his chin on her head, closing his eyes whilst releasing a sigh of contentment. To (f/n) this is just a normal hug from her best friend, a guy she had known since she was a kid, but for Daichi...this was something he had been craving. The male wanted all of (f/n)'s attention, he wanted her all to himself. But the only thing holding him back is that he isn't brave enough to confess and he also knows that the female only think of him as a brother like figure.

"I'm comfortable as well but my apartment won't decorate itself!" (F/n) wriggled in his grip and puffed out her cheeks.

"Fine." Daichi sighed and released (f/n), who immediately bounced up and jogged out of the room. The male sat up and stared down at his hands, they could still remember the feeling of her hair and body, the warmth and the softness. He rubbed his face and let out a loud and deep groan, unable to comprehend the reasons as to why he still hasn't gotten over his childhood crush. The male slowly got out of bed and dressed himself, still deep in thought. Surely he has to get over her at one point in his life, maybe he should start seeing other women to quicken the process. Maybe if he listed out the things he didn't like about her...which was only one thing and that was the fact she was incredibly naive. She just couldn't see how many men were falling for her and that Daichi hated every one of them. Even when the guy showed no attraction to the woman and was just hanging around her, Daichi would want to beat him senselessly. He was the only eligible guy for her, the only one who had known her the longest. He had been waiting years for her to see him differently, so the only person who deserved her love was him. The male walked out of his room in a bad mood, all because of his mind tormenting him. But that all melted away when he saw (f/n) dancing to a Christmas song, dressed up in her favourite Christmas jumper and wore a head band with antlers stuck to it. When the females eyes landed on Daichi she gestured for him to join her.