Book III-Chapter 88, Family Goodbyes and Premiers Ahead

Начните с самого начала

This is Wally Crawford of WWKH-Detroit reporting. In a last minute move on Friday, the legal team for the Galbretti's, accused of the hit and run that injured 3 children and one adult, had secured approval to have a non-jury trial for the two Galbretti men. They were admitting guilt so that phase of the trial would be short and sweet. Rather the part that would be intense and heavily focused on by both the prosecution and the defense team would be sentencing. A single judge would make that decision after hearing the arguments from both sides. The first day of arguments would begin on Tuesday of the next week. It was expected that the facts of the case would be presented by the prosecution and the defense team would note any exceptions they had. Arguments for sentencing are expected to commence on Wednesday. While trials of this type are not seen often, they are seen regularly when the parties accused admit guilt. Next week will be a very critical week in the lives of the Galbretti's and their family, the Burgess's and the Simpsons. Both Ray and Jeannette Burgess and members of the Simpson family are expected to be called to testify and/or make statements. We will keep you informed of all new developments as they happen. This is Wally Crawford of WWKH reporting from Detroit, Michigan.

Everyone was silent for a minute as the broadcast ended. Bella spoke first and said "I don't know how to feel. There is no question that the young man who hit and ran from the accident is guilty. But he is so young and seemed truly remorseful when he addressed the two families on Friday. I hope that the court is just, but merciful and I hope that the families involved are okay with that". Prince said "I agree with your thoughts Bella and ask that anyone else that feels that way, join us in prayer". He took Bella's hand and they each extended the other. All that were in the house joined the prayer circle. "Carlos will you lead us" Prince asked? "Father, you know this situation and know many things about it that we don't, I am sure. We ask in the name of your Son that this young man's youth be considered in his sentencing. We ask that his father also be sentenced with mercy as well. Do what your will says should be done Father, but do it with kindness and mercy as well as justice. Allow them through this experience to be drawn closer to you and to love you more each day of their lives and to look for every opportunity in every day of freedom that they are granted to do your will. These things we ask in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. And all in agreement say, Amen". At the closing of the prayer, Prince opened his eyes to see that all of those who had prayed were glowing and that the room was glowing too. 'Thank you Creator for hearing our prayer and thank you Jesus for the forgiveness of all sin' Prince said in thought. Bella heard him and said, also in thought, 'Amen'.

Kendra quietly said, "let's eat lunch". It will be ready in about 10 minutes. She had made some home made Chicken Pot Pies and quickly heated them up and served them along with a salad and some hot rolls. Once their stomachs were full, the close knit group of family and friends returned to the family room to play a rousing two tables of Bid Whist, Rise and Fly. The game went on well beyond dinner time with Kendra and Prince ordering some pizza's. At about 8:00 PM, the party broke up for the evening. Linda and Andy would be back in the morning though to see everyone off. Linda said "we will bring breakfast at about 8:30 AM". " Your flight leaves at 12:45 PM right", Andy asked? "That's right", Carlos said . Andy and Linda hugged Elaine, Carlos and Prince and Bella and thanked Kendra and David for their hospitality and took off. The four then cleaned up the family room and headed for their bedrooms. "Mom", Bella said before she headed upstairs for the evening, "we have really enjoyed being here for these last three months and want you to know how much we appreciate you having us". Kendra gathered her daughter into her arms and said, "please come and stay as often as you like. We really miss you Bella". Bella kissed her mother and with tears forming in her eyes said goodnight. Prince who had watched this touching moment from the doorway took Bella's had and led her upstairs to their room. Once inside with the door closed, Prince asked her if she was alright. "Yes baby" she said. It's just that everything happens so fast. It seems like just yesterday, I saw your face from the rafters in The Stork Club, and now we are planning a wedding and planning for babies of our own. "I know Mama", Prince said. "Do you need more time before we marry"? He asked the dreaded question, and as he did his throat tightened up. What would he do if she said yes? How could he go on without her as his wife, he thought? He was however, careful to mask those thoughts. Bella looked at her Prince who was trying so hard to be brave. She saw the strained look in his eyes and realized, probably for the first time that this was most likely the only thing that Prince was really afraid of...somehow losing Bella was truly his only fear in the world. "No, my sweet Prince. I don't need anymore time. I want and need to become your wife just as we have planned. I am just so very aware of how quickly time passes in this life. I will always do my very best to make everyday in our lives count because of that". Prince exhaled. He had not realized that he was holding his breath until he heard her answer. Now his eyes were filled with tears. "I need you Arabella Borden", Prince said. "I need your more", Bella whispered as she kissed him on his beautiful mouth. Their lovemaking that night was slow and more loving than either of them could remember. They were becoming what the Creator had made them to be. They were becoming one. The night found them wrapped in each others arms, their hearts beating at the same tempo and their minds in full agreement on the future they were defining. They would wake more rested than they had in a while because they were at peace with each other and with the entire world. It would be what the Creator planned...and that was fine with them.