Come Back To Us: Part 3

{ Part 3 of "Come Back To Us" Short Story

Picture does not belong to me

Enjoy!}

•°••°°•♦•°°••°•

Well this is dumb.

▪️

No, that's an understatement

▪️

This is literally utterly stupid

Hiccup stared at the carpet flooring inside his hotel room, sitting on the bed in a hunched position with his elbows on his knees and his hands below his chin.

He didn't move.

He was thinking.

Again, by just being swayed by emotions caused by friendship he made the mistake and opened his mouth the wrong way, committing to an event that he can't afford to to be present.

"Oh my gosh"

He mumbled moving his arm muscles to comb his hands through his hair breathing in and sighing out harshly.

"Nope, I can't do this. I'll just have to call him and explain." he talked to himself, standing up and walking over to the full glass window that overlooks the city.

His stare changed as he turned around slowly facing the rest of the room.

"No... I'll tell him I can't go and he has to understand". He went back and forth with his self argument, mentally slapping himself for ever agreeing to go.

He walked over to the desk beside the bed, eyeing his email box that might just explode, his phone resting on top of it. He took it and began to dial Jack's number preparing for a new show of disappointment.

It rang.

Then it went to voicemail.

He sighed and cleared his throat.

"Uh hi, Jack. It's me, Hiccup and uh I don't think I'll be- No I'm not going to attend your meet with the rest of our old companions because -ugh this is stupid"

He quickly erased that message and hung up putting his hands on the desk. He looked up to see his emails and a frown covered his face.