The Proposal

Set after HTTYD2

Enjoy!
......

Hiccup POV

Today's the day.

Today I'm finally going to ask her.

I just hope she'll​ say yes because I don't want to look like a fool in proposing to her.

I was at itchy armpit with Toothless thinking about all the events that has past the last 4 months.

I'm still sad that my father died and even if my mom is here with me, I still feel that grieve about my father since he was always there for me.

But I found someone who helped me keep myself together.

That person, is my wonderful girlfriend, Astrid.

She has been with me through thick and thin, she's the reason I can still find courage and determination to start another day.

She's always there for me and is the only one who can calm me down when I feel to stressed out in my work as being Chief.

And I love her for that. For all that she is in that matter.

I can't still believe how in the world did I get such an amazing person like her, and that she's my girlfriend? Well, I feel like the luckiest man in the world.

"So what do you think bud?" I said to Toothless who was beside me.

He just grumbled and moved his head to the other side not facing me like he doesn't care.

"Hey! You don't like my speech? I've been practicing for over 2 hours!" Yes it's true. I came here to practice on how and what I'm going to say when I propose to Astrid. But my dragon is not even showing A little support.

"Useless reptile" I mumbled under my breath but he heard it.

He smacked me in the face with his tail fin.

"Hey bud!" I said to him and he 'laughed' at me.

"That's not funny" I said and he kept on 'laughing' and rolled my eyes.

"Come on, one more time" I said but he just didn't care. I laughed at his attitude and started saying my speech again.

......

"Hiccup? Hiccup?" Astrid shouted walking through the village.

She was looking for her boyfriend for two hours and still hasn't found him.

She went over to his house which is the chief house since she hasn't looked there.

"Hiccup!" She shouted opening the door and barging in to the house.

Valka was sitting at the table reading the book of dragon's when she almost jumped at the sudden noise.

She looked over to the door and sighed in relief once she saw it was Astrid.

"Oh hi Ms Haddock sorry to interrupt you're reading" Astrid said sheepishly.

"Oh it's ok dear. What brings you here?" Valka said.

"Oh, I was just looking for Hiccup, have you see him? Because I've been looking everywhere for him" Astrid said.

Valka furrowed her eye brows thinking when was the last time she saw her son.

"No, the last time I saw him was this morning. Oh though he did said something about going to itchy armpit with Toothless to rehearse. " She said.

"Rehearse? Rehearse for what?" Astrid asked greeting curious.

"I don't know dear, that's all he said" she said looking down at her book with a hidden smirk.