Breathe.

What if it wasn't Hiccup who went down his "submarine" to free the submeriper? What if it was a certain Hofferson?

Based on episode 6 (dire straits) of season 4 but with a little of my own twist 😉

Suggested by TheChristianGirl12

Enjoy!
.......

The three most experienced dragon riders along with Snotlout and the twins where aboard a ship in the sea.

They where listening to Hiccup's plan to free the submeriper that has been chained to the bottom of the ocean; A ferocious big tidal class dragon that can create gigantic whirlpools and sink boats! These people must be crazy to to something like this.

These dragon riders where no other than Hiccup, Fishlegs, Astrid, Snotlout and the twins with their dragons listening on what Hiccup was saying.

"Okay, we need to act fast. I need to get down there and free the ripper before it notices we're here."  Hiccup said holding Toothless' prosthetic tail.

" And how is toothless' tail supposed to help?" Asked Snotlout.

"Well contrary to popular opinion, I'm not much of a swimmer"Hiccup pointed out walking over to fishlegs and Astrid. 

"Oh sure! That will work, nice knowing ya" said Snotlout sarcastically amused. Toothless looked at Snotlout and was clearly Not amused.

"Don't bring me up unless I tug the chain twice-" Hiccup started but was cut off by Astrid.

"Uh Hiccup? I think it might be better if I go and free the submeriper instead of you because, what if Viggo attacks us? Since you're the who always has a plan, I think it would make more sense if I do this mission since you said you "don't swim" that way it would go well" She said. Hiccup looked at her with like she just grew three heads.

" What?! Astrid no you can't, you have to-"

"She does have a point Hiccup, even if it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Astrid there" Fishlegs said thinking on what was going to be the plan since it was now being changed.

"Really Fishlegs?! Seriously? Y-you're agreeing to this?! It's to dangerous! She can't possibly-" and he was cut off again. Snotlout chuckled. "This is getting good" he said only audible to Toothless and he growled. Snotlout raised his hands up in defense.

"Hiccup I know it is, so it is if Viggo decides to show up! I'm a warrior Hiccup, how hard it is to swim and put some changewing acid on the chains of a huge tidal class dragon?"

"But-" Hiccup wanted to object.

"I'll be fine Hiccup don't worry about me, just worry about stopping Viggo if he attacks" Astrid said as she took the bottle of changewing acid from fishlegs and took the helmet that Hiccup built.

Hiccup sighed in defeat.

She looked over at Hiccup and gave him a reassuring smile and went over to Stomfly petting her nose.

"Don't worry girl, I'll be just fine, you have to stay here and help Hiccup" she said.

"And fishlegs!" Fishlegs said.

Astrid looked at him with an unamused look.

"Never mind" he muttered but was audible for the three of them and their dragons.

Astrid climbed into the contraption taking one last glance Hiccup.

"Astrid?....Be careful.." he said looking at her in worry.