Baby Talk Part 1{Short Story}

[The picture does NOT belong to me]

{ HTTYD2 Modern AU

Enjoy!}
....

“You know...” Astrid started looking at the clouds above her her head leaning on the young man's chest holding his hand.

Hiccup smiled down at his beautiful wife intertwining their fingers looking at the clouds and humming in response for her to keep going.

“...That cloud looks a lot like a Dragon” She said pointing up at the fluffy pillow on the afternoon sky.

Hiccup furrowed his brow looking up trying to make up what his Valkyrie is talking about. He searched the sky and found that, indeed, there was a cloud that looked a lot like a Dragon.

He chuckled “Oh yeah” he said smiling at his wife's imagination looking at the formation with it's big wings and long tail.

There was a short gentle cool breeze that grazed the grass below them, making the ambient calm and peaceful to them laying on the grassy plain field.

“And that one looks like a baby” She said once again pointing up at the figure.

What? That statement she made caught him off guard. Since when did they go from Dragon's to babies?

It took him a long time to see it, but it was surely there. Nice round head and small features with a wide smile being formed by the cloud.

He looked down at her with somewhat confusion, seeing her eyes scan the sky's with wonder, smiling to herself.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked up at the little cloud figure. “He's cute” She said, wondering what it will be like to have at least one of those creatures that you can't buy at a local store...or anywhere for that matter

He blinked once he heard her and looked up “He?” He looked at her even more confused. “How do you know it's a 'he'?” He asked her.

She smiled still looking at the sky “He just looks like a 'he'.” She started emphasizing the word 'he' with the same strength he used. “He also looks like you”

Now that got him interested. He looked at her “Me?”

“Um hum” She hummed nodding. “He has your crazy tousled hair only shorter, and those eyes full of wonder, and that cute smile you have” She said with hand motions trying to make him see the 'similarities' between the cloud and her husband.

He widened his eyes slightly and looked at the blue sky where the cloud form is. A smile captured his lips once his eyes saw what his wife is seeing and trying to explain to him.

He looked at her, seeing her eyes focused on the cloud. Her lips were slightly parted as a small light sigh escaped her lips again indicating she was thinking. Then he looked back at the sky where the cloud was. He blinked his mouth going slightly agape.

He got it.

“Astrid..?” He said a little unsure of what he's about to ask her.

“Yeah?” She answered turning her head from the sky to look at him with a questioning gaze.

“...Have you...A- Are you thinking on-” He didn't have to say more as she answered the question for him before he even finished asking.

“Having a Baby? Yeah” She said finishing his sentence for him with a small smile looking at him straight in the eye. “I...I've been wondering how it would be like to have a little boy or girl running around our home-”