Where Loyalties Lie

This is a Yang x Male Reader requested by batmanbeyondis. The requester gave me the story idea as well.

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N): "You wished to see me Raven." She sat upon her throne looking at me. Her eyes were like a steel trap.

Raven: "Close the door behind you." My feet carried me in before shutting it. I walked up to her and she relaxed. When we were in private she showed this side to me. "I have a favor to ask of you."

(Y/N): "Anything Raven." Her eyes filled with worry and a sigh escaped her lips. This wasn't like her in the slightest.

Raven: "I need you to watch over my daughter." This request came as a shock to me. "She started Beacon Academy and it worries me. You already know why I can't tend to this matter personally."

(Y/N): "I understand Raven, but should this task be given to me?" She steps from her throne and walked up to me. Her hand lifted and placed itself upon shoulder.

Raven: "You are my most trusted subordinate. I wouldn't think of anyone else who would be able to do this." My head nodded and she removed her hand. She dug in her pocket and pulled out some documents. "These should help you get in."

(Y/N): "I promise to keep her safe Raven." We both nodded and I left. The only thing I could bring was my weapon and the clothes on my back.

Timeskip - 2 Weeks

We all stood atop the cliff near the Emerald Forest. People stood on plates which launched them into the forest. My eyes were focused on a certain individual. Yang seemed to be ready for a fight.

I stepped up to the platform and she stood on the one next to me. Our eyes locked for a second and she winked at me. We were flung into the air with no warning.

Yang activated her weapons and boosted herself forward. She flew a distance away from me, but I kept her within my sights. When I hit the ground I started running. I need to find her as fast as possible.

It took me several minutes before I heard gunfire. My eyes widened at the sight I saw. Yang and another girl were fighting off a small hoard of Grimm. They seemed to be holding their own.

I jumped up into a nearby tree and observed them. Yang's fighting style resembled that of a pro boxer. She kept her arms tucked in and attacked when there was an opening.

The other girl's style resembled that of an assassin. She attacked swiftly and precise. If she got hit then she used her Sembelance to avoid the damage.

The hoard was quickly destroyed in a matter of minutes. Both of the girls were breathing heavily. My eyes darted to the brush behind them. They were oblivious to its movement.

A beowolf darted from behind them and tried to attack. I quickly fell to the ground and beheaded it with my sword. The girls were shocked at my presence. I turned to them and looked Yang in the eyes.

(Y/N): "Never let your guard down."" My feet kicked me into the air and quickly darted a few trees away. She tried to look for me, but gave up after a few minutes. Luckily, she was still within my sight.

She was a good fighter, but she let her guard down to easily. If I wasn't there then she would have gotten hurt. They got to their feet and walked further into the forest.

I followed behind them from the trees. A couple more fights happened, but I didn't have to intervene. We finally reached the temple and everyone grabbed a relic. I entered it and retrieved mine when no one was looking.

Yang: "Hey you." I cursed under my breath while turning. She and the other girl walked up to me with smiles. "You're the guy who saved us earlier."