Handpicked Truths

Mulai dari awal

"More heads," I said evenly.

Princess XiLen sighed. "Charming." She said dryly.

"Yes, isn't it?" I replied with the same dry tone. "I must say, I am never fond of gifts."

"I know what you are thinking but I assure you Master Dayu, the gift didn't come from me. It was all Nadira's idea. She and she alone made the decision to invade your home." Princess XiLen pushed the box to the side so it won't deter our view of each other.

I stayed silent as I process what she said. I hummed as I nod. "Hmmm, convenient. Let's put the idea on a dead head and hope anyone will buy it. Alright, I will play your game. Should I also assume that letting Nadira play as a Mughal Princess was also her idea?"

"No, that's the Shah's idea. He likes confusing other kingdom's perception of the South Kingdom." Princess XiLen said. "They love playing games in that land."

"And as Prince Jin's mother, you permit that Shah to play with your son's engagement and life. Commendable." I didn't think my opinion of the woman could go any lower but here we are. She is the kind of mother that will permit complications to touch her child.

Princess XiLen's face darkened in annoyance when she noticed how much I am judging her as a mother. "I permit it because it's for Jin's good. It's for Jin's future."

I want to slap her face. "Your son's future was attacked two nights ago. Your son's future almost died two nights ago. My daughter...almost died. Don't think for a moment that I will not hold you accountable for my daughter's pain."

But instead of feeling threatened, Princess XiLen laughed. "You must be raising a weak daughter if this small thing will make her crumble. Master Dayu, Wang Hua will never get any sympathy from me. I am a woman forced out of my position and pushed to leave my husband and son. I was a woman exiled on a barbarian land and was forced to live with people who either wants to rape and kill me or use me for political gain and then kill me." The princess leaned over the table to look intently at me. "You don't scare me, Feng Jian Yu of SiChuan Province. I am a woman who doesn't get scare easily anymore." She said before relaxing on her chair again.

I want to pity her. But like her feelings for my daughter, I couldn't find anything inside me to sympathize with Princess XiLen.

"If I don't scare you, then fear my daughter. Fear my lover. Fear my son. You pissed a lot of people, your Highness. Dangerous people. People who can kill you." I stood up from my chair because I have nothing else to say to her. I turned away to walk away from her.

"It's not the end yet," I stopped walking when Princess XiLen spoke again. "Like I said, the attack was Nadira's idea. I haven't sent my gift yet. Expect it to arrive soon." There is joy in the princess's tone when she gave that threat to me.

"I will be looking forward to it." I said before walking away. I exit the room and closed the door before I lean against the wall and closed my eyes.

Should I warn my lover? I want to shout and cry. I want to run and take Dao and Hua and just escape but I know my Captain won't do it. He won't escape. My lover is a Wang.

I recall AhRan's image on my head. That boy...did he know that this will happen? Has he seen this? Our Dao and Hua, hurting like this.