Voice in the Head

(AHRAN)

Stupid man. Giving away what's mine.

Wang Dao.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm myself. To castigate myself.

"He is not mine. He is not. So what if he is having a great time. Probably with his friends and lady companions. I don't care. Why should I care? I hate him..."

I continued chanting those words in my head until I calm down. I hate Wang Dao. I don't care to whom he shares his body with.

Faithless bastard.

"You look troubled, Master." Adda, my main carer said as she placed a tray of bland plain green tea in front of me.

"Wang Dao is off duty tonight," I said in a clipped tone. "And I can feel his happy mood. Miles away from him and that man still won't let me rest."

"Maybe if you close your connection to him for a moment..."

"I am trying, Adda. I am trying. I swear." I said with agony. "But Wang Dao is tattooed on my being. In my blood and bones. His destiny is my destiny. He is my bitter fate."

"Maybe not, if you will change your fate..." Adda smiled at me. "You can do it, Master."

"How?" I asked bitterly. "When everytime I will dream or submerge myself in water...nothing changes. Nothing. My power is failing me. I cannot escape him."

There is no use. There is no escaping Wang Dao.

"Yes, there is. Get away from here," Adda said.

"Maybe." I nodded. "Probably later. I am not feeling hot yet."

I hate that feeling. That feeling of lust crawling on my body. I know those feelings belong to Wang Dao and not mine but I still feel it. It started about two years ago, when that feeling of desire and wanting to engage in something sexual became an awareness for me. I was only nine then. What do I know about physical sexual connection between two people?

But then I remembered that Dao is five years older than me. He was fourteen and his libido is awakening. Now, at sixteen, Dao is fully engaging in sexual activities.

It's unfair, why do I get to feel what he is feeling while Wang Dao is going on his merry life worrying about nothing?!

That faithless bastard. How dare he kiss and touch someone else, low courtesans at that, when he promised me eternity?

I didn't realized I asked that last question loudly, until Adda answered.

"He hasn't promise anything to you yet." She said.

I sighed and look at her. Adda is about a year or two older than me. She is plain looking, with sharp feline eyes and flat nose. There is a scar on her upper lip from a knife wound that she sustained from defending her life.

She is one extraordinary girl and carer. Nothing surprising about that because that is her soul's nature. To be a guard and protector. It should be because...

"The fact that I told you that you have the soul of Master Shu, Jian Yu's uncle, doesn't gave you any rights to be sassy with me." I glared at her.