Crazy and Dangerous

(WANG HUA)

By accident, Father and I learned of Jin's plan to visit his mother and talk to her in the off chance that he will learn anything about his mother's plans and her life in the South Indes.

A soldier came while we were having our after dinner tea...to tell Baba that they already assembled guards that will accompany Jin in his visit to his mother.

My fiance's plans alerted me. And gave me deep concerns.

"I don't like it, Jin." I told my soon to be husband. "I don't want you to go through this plan."

Jin took my hand and smiled at me. His handsome eyes giving me reassuring look. "My love, you don't need to be concern. It will be a simple visit. I want to help and I think talking to my mother will be my way. She will feel safe because I will come to her, we will be surrounded by her people...but I will have Manchu and Yong with me. They will protect me. And if I may add, I might not be as strong as you but I can still fight to defend myself."

"I know that. But still..." I bit my lower lip as I look at my Father for an inspiration. I need a valid argument to change Jin's mind. When I couldn't think of any...I threw caution in the wind. "Then I would very much like to come with you in this visit..."

My parents both made surprised sounds. Baba even spewed a little of his tea. "What? Accompany Prince Jin...no." Baba adamantly shook his head. "No, Wang Hua. You will stay here..."

"I want to be there to protect Jin." I said. "And my presence might help. Princess XiLen doesn't like me. She might feel compel to lecture us and talk in length on why Jin should not marry me." I said.

Jin winced, "You want to come with me and listen to my mother insult you? No, my love...I don't think I can withstand that." My fiance shook his head too, like my Baba.

"Well, I can't stand the thought of you in that place filled with Mughal soldiers serving your mother. I will die with worrying, Jin." I argued back, pulling my hand away from his hold.

The man I love look at my parents. Seeing as my parents also look disapproving with my plan to go with Jin, I think my fiance is depending on my parents to help him convince me to change my mind.

Well, they can try, but I won't back down. I will go with Jin to see his mother. My mind and soul won't be in peace if I will let my fiance go there on his own.

"I will not be on my own. Yong and Manchu will be with me. Plus you heard your Baba. General Wang has formed a band of soldiers that will accompany and protect me during my visit to my mother," Jin explained.

"I can protect you too." I said.

"And I don't doubt that, my love. But still..." Jin sighed. "Hua, don't give your parents reasons to go after me. If your life gets endanger...Master Dayu will not sit still..."

"That is right," Father readily agreed. "Listen to your fiance, Hua. Don't put yourself in danger."

"But it's fine to all of you for Jin to put himself in danger? It's alright with Jin but not with me...is that it?" I looked at my parents and fiance. "Why? Is it because I am a girl or because I have a secret we all have to keep? Am I something hideous you all have to hide?"

"Hua...it's not like that." Baba shook his head.

"Then tell me why?" I asked my parents. "I am strong. I am training. Why am I like this, why am I doing all those training, if I will just sit here and let Jin face danger on his own? I thought I finally found a purpose for my gift. It's to protect my Prince. But it looks to me like you all want me to play a fragile damsel with nothing to do but sew and wait for my husband to come home and get me with child..."