Breached

(WANG DAO)

I walk slowly with my bent legs and slouching body. The purpose of this exercise is to deceive the people looking for a tall, lanky and confident boy. They would not think to suspect a white robe wearing temple acolyte who walks strangely and with a slouch.

It pays to be observant in this Palace. Baba was right, you learn things by opening your eyes and watching everything carefully. One thing I learn about the guards in this Palace, they are lenient when it comes to inspecting eunuchs and temple helpers.

Especially these temple acolytes wearing white robes.

When I opened my eyes and noticed the temple closest to the Crown Prince's Palace, I remembered that there are prayer temples inside the main Palace as well. And for sure, temple helpers are present there. That's when I started planning my disguise to enter the Palace.

And I succeeded...well almost. I succeeded in breaching the main Palace's grounds...but not the main Palace itself. That is something more difficult to do...because of one person.

General Wang Qing.

Baba is roaming the front entrance on the main Palace. And I am sure my Baba already placed strategic defenses around the other entrances to prevent me from succeeding on my first task.

He is in the front entrance...I can guess that General Bam and Captain Ching are guarding the other entrances.

Complications.

I decided not to linger around the front entrance of the Palace. Baba has an unrivaled instinct, he might start suspecting that I am close by.

What I need is another disguise. I need to be someone who can freely walk inside the main Palace without suspicion. Someone who has a low chance of being stopped for inspection.

And the answer to that riddle is simple.

I need to be a Prince in this Palace.

They may not have the heir's crown on their heads but Prince Jin and Prince Guo are still royalties that command certain respect in this place.

Who in their right mind will stop the Princes to inspect them?

My Baba probably...

Ugh! My own sire is the problem. What should I do?

I shook my head and started thinking of solutions rather than dwell on the problem. Father said that the only way to solve a problem is if you will devote your time finding an answer to it.

I went through my plan again. Prince Jin and Prince Guo are probably in the Prince's wing of the Palace. Crown Prince Han won't be with them. The Crown Prince will be in a more secured location. The most obvious places will be in the Empress Pavilion or on the Dragon's wing where the Emperor resides.

First thing first, I need to get to the Princes' wing to get my next disguise. And then the rest can follow.

I continued walking slowly with a slouch. And swaying an incense burner in front of me. I am familiar with the direction to get to the Prince's wing. Getting inside is the problem.

I look down and hid my face under the white hood of the robe when I saw Captain Ching and Senior Tuan together with more than ten guards on the East entrance of the Palace.

Why do I have to be right? I knew it, Baba designed the defense placed around the Palace today. All to keep one Wang Dao away.

I have to say it again. My sire is the problem.

Baba is one formidable opponent.

But I am not my Father's son for nothing. I am Master Dayu's son. Father won't hesitate just because his opponent is General Wang Qing. I have never ever witness my Father backing away in fear when he is sparring with Baba. No, Father doesn't feel fear when facing Baba.