Combatants

(GENERAL WANG QING)

If a grading on an exam starts with a commotion, I know it won't end well.

But that's how my son Dao decided to start his final test to be Crown Prince Han's personal guard. He made a commotion at the entrance of the Throne Room by appearing before it and asking the guards to let him in.

"I have a formal invitation," Dao said while showing us a simple blue scroll. That scroll is the reason why the guards called me and General Bam to make the decision on this one.

I took the scroll from Dao, "Where did you get this invitation?" I asked while unlacing the scroll's tie.

"From the Crown Prince himself," Dao replied simply. My hands stopped opening the scroll. In actuality, we all stopped when we heard that answer.

"The Crown Prince gave you an invitation?" General Bam snatched the scroll from me and open it himself. "How did you acquire this?" He asked in surprised tone.

Dao moistened his lips and shook his head. "I was adviced not to reveal the method I used to acquire that invitation." He said regretfully.

I scowled at my son. Dao's eyes remained forwards and fixed on the scroll in General Bam's hand. "Does it look authentic?" I asked LuXong.

"Yes. It even has the seal of the Crown Prince," General Bam looked dejected before he passed the scroll back to me. I read it and nodded, "It looks like a general type of invitation. Wang Dao's name was not mentioned," I said.

"Yes. But still it was indicated there that the person who possessed that letter has the respect of the Crown Prince and freely invited to come to the Throne Room tonight," LuXong explained.

"And that possessor is me," Dao gently pried the scroll from me. "It's my invitation," he added while gently rolling the scroll and tying it again with the laced yarn before slipping it carefully inside his dark robes.

"What should we do, General?" The guard on the door asked me. I stared at my son who stood steadily on his feet and looking unconcern but ever alert.

I snorted in disgust, "Let him in. He got an invitation." I finally decided. LuXong faintly groaned beside me so I patted his shoulder. What can we do? The boy got a formal invitation from the heir himself.

I turned away from that scene and strode inside the Throne Room where the Imperial Family was waiting for Dao's last test to start. I thought we will have to wait for some hours until Dao successfully breach the palace but it's now obvious to us that we won't have to wait at all. Dao, by some miracle, got an invitation to come freely at the Throne Room.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad one. All I know is that this whole thing cannot end soon enough for me.

I just want this all to be done so I can go home to Dayu and hope that my heart will finally apologize for his callousness so we can finally talk and declare our love for each other again.

I truly wish that Mei visiting Dayu had sweeten my heart's mood a little. My former second in command visited my lover and I wish they had talk. I wish Mei had given Dayu some sensible advice and my heart will talk to me again.

This fight between us has been going on for too long now, I am not amused anymore. I am actually starting to feel nervous. What if Dayu leave me if things won't get resolve soon? What if he leaves the estate and move away again? He done it after his revenge was realized...he can do it again, can't he?

Fool, Dayu won't leave you because of something so petty. He won't leave the estate, Hua is in there. He won't leave the capital, Dao is here. If things got worse, Dayu might throw you out of the estate. Who cares if you bought it? It's Dayu's estate and every servants there are loyal to your lover. Including your two children.