An Unexpected Visitor

(DAYU)

Two week later...

"The Princess XiLen is waiting inside, Master Dayu..."

Princess XiLen, the legendary princess that stole the heart of then Crown Prince Shen when they were only on their tender age. Daughter to the noble family of the Tans, she got engaged to the Crown Prince at the age of eleven, married him at sixteen and bore him a son, Prince Jin, at the age of twenty. But got banished from the Imperial Family when Prince Jin was two. And left the country when Hua's fiance was five. She was replaced by the current Empress.

But even so, the rumors are still thick that the former First Minister only stole the Empress throne for his daughter. And that the Emperor's heart still belongs to the woman he played with when they were young and first married.

It was all drama and intrigue if you ask me.

But now, the banished Princess is here...a perfect timing because my daughter, Wang Hua, just got officially engaged to the first born Prince, Prince Jin. Princess XiLen's son...

While my son, Dao, just participated in an official Imperial Parade as Crown Prince Han's close personal guard.

Both my children lives are now properly entangled with the Princes of the Imperial Family.

And now, an unexpected visitor has appeared in our home.

I turned on my left side and saw Hua standing nervously beside me. We are about to enter the sun room in our mansion where the helpers placed Princess XiLen to wait for us. My housekeeper and Hua's nannies had the wise idea of serving tea and wine soaked pear to our esteemed but unexpected guest.

"Hua," I took my daughter's hand. "Are you alright?" Her hands are sweating a bit and cold. Really cold...

"No," Hua grimaced at me while answering honestly. "Jin's mother is waiting for me inside the sun room. Jin's mother. The one who birthed my fiance. What should I do?" My daughter is clearly rattled by this new situation.

"First, address Prince Jin properly." I said. "He is Prince Jin or his Highness. Not Jin. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Father." Hua nodded.

"Second, let me do most of the talking. You sit properly and answer politely when you are asked. Only when you are addressed. Is that clear?" I added.

"Perfectly so, Father." Hua nodded again.

"Good," I truly love having an obedient daughter. One who understands that all I do is for her sake. Hua understood that. She knows everything I am doing are for her own good and sake. That's why she follows me and my teachings.

I signaled the servants waiting to open the double doors of the sun room to open them for us. The helpers pulled the door handles and I strode confidently inside the sun room. Hua is one step behind me.

We call this room the sun room because we let natural lights to enter the room from it's roof. Half of the roof in this room is made of thick clear glass. It's like an anteroom, an extension of the mansion Captain Wang built for me. I placed potted plants in this room and I usually use this place as a dining area when Captain Wang have important guests we have to host because the elegant design and ambience of the room never failed to impress.

I stopped a few feet inside the room when I spied a beautiful woman sitting regally while staring at the colorful tapestries hanging on the wall.

Then the woman turned her head and stared straight into me. I didn't let it show but I was truly surprise at how beautiful Princess XiLen is. Her almond shaped eyes are the first feature you will notice on her, they are impressive. Next, will be her long and shiny black mane, her red tinted lips, elegant shoulders and the finery of her clothes and jewelries. The Princess is wearing a robe in deep green color with cream sash and gold jewelries. On her hand, she is wearing onyx and gold rings. Glittering gold can also be seen on the lobes of her ears. All her accessories look tastefully donned.